PDA

View Full Version : problem with repacking YOSHI

300EXrider02
07-16-2004, 03:14 PM
I took off my entire end cap from the muffler, and now I just see the core and the packing around it, I thought I was supposed to pull the entire core out to repack? I tried and it would not budge.

yoshi has seem to put steel wool and then packing around the core, and to tell you the truth, it seems it is packed very well, better than any other pipe Ive ever seen, now I am questioning even doing this. I bought some FMF muffler packing and it seems the stuff in there is better than the FMF stuff I just bought.

Ironic, but now I know why I paid the extra money for the YOSHI, either way, I need to know asap, on to how I go about repacking the muffler...
manually pick out the existing packing, then slide the FMF crap in after? It doesnt make any sense, please help asap

cals400ex
07-16-2004, 05:10 PM
i think the metal core should come out. it may be tight from the hot exhaust temps and moisture in there. i know my sparks core was attached to the end cap. i just stuffed the new packing in there. the old packing may have been wrapped around the core. some of the packing now isn't wrapped around the core. you just stuff it in. i hear the silent sport packing, which you just stuff in, is one of the best. i put this in my sparks but my engine isn't back together yet so i don't know how it works yet. good luck and sorry if i wasn't much help. by the way, call yosh up and they will tell you everything you need to know.