PDA

View Full Version : need some info on ELkA shock

kruzofman
07-16-2004, 02:17 PM
hey i whanted to ask you guys about elka, how much will they help for trails i ride rouph, root invested rock garden narly trails and whanted to know how good a pair of quad rates with zps control will do to smooth out some of those trails... basically i whant a pair of zps shocks and whanted to know how much smoother riding it will be going down some rouph trail.thanks

redrunner
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
ALOT! no question.;)

Cole Trane
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Night and Day from your stock shocks!! There is no comparison. Elka makes the best suspension product out there (IMO). You would not be dissiapointed.

cdalejef
07-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Quad rates are long travel shocks so if you want quad rate then you will have to buy long travel a-arms. If you want to keep your stock arms then you will want to get triple rates.

Yes, they make a huge improvement on any kind of terrain.

Axis400exRider
07-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Alright, i have a cousin who has a 400ex and has triple rate elka and i have a 400ex with Dual rate Axis both fully adjustable and on the mx track and just riding around town i think the axis perform a little bit better with jumping and stuff and it soaks up the small stuff well just not as well as the elka.

kruzofman
07-17-2004, 11:29 PM
thanks for the replys, so with the elka tripple rates it well ride alot nicer on the rouph trials?oh and how much will this cost gettin shocks all the way around:confused:

user101
07-18-2004, 12:33 AM
my elkas ran me around 700 for triple rates w/o rezzies on front and a rebuilt dual rate conversion on my rear. this is a great set-up for an aggresive trail rider and the occoasional race here and there...these shocks will handle quite a bit of air,beleive me..ive noticed that the faster you go the better these things work.