PDA

View Full Version : Outerwear air box lid question

Jblazin98
03-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Whats up ex riders,
I just bought a airbox lid cover from motoman. and i was just wondering if i have to rejet in order to get my quad to run smooth... i havent had a chance to put it on yet so any info would be very helpful...thanks. By the way i dont have a pipe and it is pretty much stock on the engine execpt for the K and N filter
Jimmy

2002 400ex
K and N filter
Renthal bars
Prm skids all around
AC nerfs
AC bumpers
Turf tammers on rear
Fast Trackers on front

03-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Yeah your probly going to have to re-jet.

Tommy 17
03-30-2002, 03:58 PM
if i were u i would just send it back its not worth the troubles... 1 it falls off all the time, mine ripped, the velcro lets go, and u have to clean ur filter 10x more bc its open to alot more mud and dust... its a pain in the arse

Tlongs400
03-30-2002, 06:13 PM
u will have to re-jett 4-sure

Holty
04-02-2002, 07:24 AM
I honestly don't think I could ever go back to running an airbox lid. I noticed more gains by opening up my air box than I did putting on my pipe.

I also agree that the velcro system is not the best thing to do, but here is what I did with my outerwears lid.

I cut a hole out of my stock lid almost the same size as the lid itself. I just left enough for it to be able to attach to the air box. Then just lay the outerwears cover over the air box and then put you lid on. The stock lid will hold the outerwears in place really tight and you don't have to deal with the velcro coming off. It works great! You will have to clean your filter more, but i clean mine after every single ride anyway, so it dosn't matter to me. i can post some pics if you want. but i think i explained it pretty good.

Jblazin98
04-02-2002, 01:49 PM
what size jett sould i use for that

mjh2115
04-02-2002, 01:55 PM
your air box cover will be a pain in the ***, take the lid off, get a k&n with an outerwear and then re jet, the fifty bucks will give you more power for the money than most mods