PDA

View Full Version : dura blue

yoshimurakfx400
07-14-2004, 08:31 PM
how much ground clearence would i have left with the dura blue lowering kit? and will it make the bike have a harsher ride?

SHOCKER
07-14-2004, 09:14 PM
dont do it, you will hit your muffler everytime ya jump and bottom out, unless ya get the lowering kit for drag racing and tt racing dont do it, because if ya do any jumping ya will put a nice big dent in your oval can

nemesis
07-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe a dumb question but where does the pipe hit? I know someone that has an 03 and he is lowered and widened and he jumps as far and high as me at the mx track.

Ericthered rdr
07-15-2004, 03:39 PM
the can will hit the caliper. not cool on a 300 dollar can. Save your pennies and get a good set of after market zero preload shocks. They will do what you are looking for and improve the overall ride incredibly. Guarenteed to eliminate the tips feel. TCS would be a good set to try.

nemesis
07-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Get wheel spacers from Rockymountain. $60 for the front and $60 for the rear. I am able to hit the corners hard now without the worry of flipping the damn thing.

yoshimurakfx400
07-18-2004, 09:42 PM
hey nemesis do wheel spacers really help? do u think i should go with the spacers or the lowering kit , im not racing but i want to make my bike less tipsy

nemesis
07-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by yoshimurakfx400
hey nemesis do wheel spacers really help? do u think i should go with the spacers or the lowering kit , im not racing but i want to make my bike less tipsy
Dude that is the best mod so far. I am not sure how it will affect stuff but I was hitting 30+ ft. long jumps all day at the track and my tie rods are fine as well as my axle. I have only had them on for a week but it has been awesome. Your rear end will slide out easier but that is better than tiping. I would definetely do this mod first

zoutback
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
lowering kit will give plenty of ground cleanance, way better handeling..i have mine z lowered and have not had problems hitting my can. although the ride is a little rougher but atleast the bump steer is no greater... would suggest the lowing kit