PDA

View Full Version : My ebay trip last night......

Rdhanded2
07-14-2004, 02:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484276303

My buddy has been looking for a sport bike for a while, and can't seem to find any in our area , which is Springfield IL, that have not been dropped for just poorley cared for. He sold his ZX6 a couple years ago, and has been kicking himself. We found this bike on ebay in St. Louis, and it seemed too good to be true. 2000 R1, little high on miles but he said it has never been dropped or down or anything. As clean as if it was new the guy said. Here is the too good to be true, he said he would end early for $5000. The NADA on it is $7200, and people around here want ever bit of that. We call the guy, get all the info, and tell him that if it is as good as he says, then he will take it. He says it is even better than he has stated. He gives the vin number, and we know a cop in St. Louis so he runs the vin and it comes up clean. The guys has only had it for 2 months though, but oh well. A lot of people buy bikes and can't afford them or don't like to ride etc. Then starts the fun part. The guys calls and says he will only accept cash. That makes me feel a little edgy. He says he would be more comfortable with guaranteed funds, and he really doesn't like banks. That seems real weird to me, but again he checked out with no record. My friends reluctantly agrees to that and we head down to St. Louis, which is about a 2 hour drive. We call him when we are about a half hour away and try to arange a meeting in a place we are familiar with. He is adimit that we meet him in one place. I have never heard of it, and that bothers me, but oh well. We finally get there, and the place is an old train yard. I am think, f*ck we are going to get jacked or something. I see the bike, and he is there with it, and his wife and kid are next to the car with it. That makes me feel a little better. I get out, and immediately can see that the bike has been down. Something he swore up and down that not happened. My buddy is pissed right away. Bike has been down on left side, and it is scratched all over the place. Clutch lever is bent to piss. There are no turn signals, which is just weird. We say hi, and find out that the guy there is not the owner of the bike, but his friend. He says the owner was busy moving and could not make it down there, but he had the title and it was ready to go. Ya, that makes sense, and makes us really want to do business. My bud rides it, and it rides ok, but needs jetted which isn't that big of a deal, but just one more thing he did not tell us about. My friend had asked him every available question, and he had said it was same as new, not this p.o.s. To give you an idea of the setting, it is a train yard. There are 5 or 6 homeless people camped out 50ft away from us, and this same white Z28 keepd driving by the whole time. We were both pissed, but left without to much arguing with him, because like I said it felt like a set up. Also, I asked the guy how long his friend had had it, and he said 1 1/2 years. I knew that was a lie, because the cops said that he had just got it 2 months ago. It was a bunch of crap, and I was pissed. I wanted to beat the crap out of the guy, but his kid was there, and it was the wrong setting to try and start sh*t. I should of just said screw it and shoved my foot in his *****!!!!

oh well, lesson learned. Anyone else have any stories like this?

Parrella450
07-14-2004, 03:23 PM
damn that sucks...so how did u leave it with the guy? tell him it was a p.o.s. or?

cheetah
07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Man that is creepy.

Sounds like the setting of a Vin Diesel movie.:huh

TM426
07-14-2004, 05:15 PM
You didnt buy it, did you?

Rdhanded2
07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
We left telling him if was a p.o.s, but I didn't lay into him like I would of liked because of the setting, and the circumstances. I was so pi$$ed. How can you tell someone there are no scratches, scuffs or marks, knowing that one side is scrapped up and the clutch is bent so bad that it is same as unusable. Unbelievable.

Rdhanded2
07-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TM426
You didnt buy it, did you?

HELL NO!!

TM426
07-14-2004, 05:39 PM
When me and my boss went to buy are quads I brought $5000 and h brought about the same. We had a long like 16 hour trip. He picks me up and before he drives away he pulls out his 45 and sez just incase the guns loaded behind your seat. I guess with about 10 G's in cash he wanted to be safe.:macho

kamikaze_rzrbak
07-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by TM426
When me and my boss went to buy are quads I brought $5000 and h brought about the same. We had a long like 16 hour trip. He picks me up and before he drives away he pulls out his 45 and sez just incase the guns loaded behind your seat. I guess with about 10 G's in cash he wanted to be safe.:macho
hahaha tight, sounds like a good idea to me

trick450r
07-15-2004, 06:35 AM
When we bought my banshee, we had to go to waterbury connecticut which is a pretty ghetto type of neighborhood...anyway the guy says its in perfect shape and he listed the mods. We arrive and the bike is out in the road, we didnt bring the cash tho. So the guys like the whole time "hey so you got the cash for me right" my dads like hell no fool well be back later. my dad asks for a title he whips one out... i felt the pipe when i got their and he clearly ran it before we came. So we decided to come back the next day with $3000 cash and my dad was like if you see any wierd people jump out of the bushes or sumthing tell me we will get back in the truck and floor it!! but anyway we got back the next day and we heard voices at the house so we walked out behind the house and we see the guy sitting with his mom and dad talking and he was washing the bike and the pipes werent warm so long story short the vin's matched up it started second kick and we put in in the truck...sold it 2 months later for a profit!!!:blah: