PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to you?

roostin_dale
07-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Seems like when something breaks on my quad, it all goes at once..:mad: :grr:

I've got bad valve seals, I need new piston rings, Need a new rear shock, Bearing carrier is almost shot, Clarke Tank has a small leak, brake pads are bad, need a new exhaust, got a small oil leak, I think i need a new carb soon...

Man this sux, im going to be spending alot of money here soon!

trick450r
07-14-2004, 01:21 PM
I hope this is the 250x and not yur yfz! but yes this happens to me my mojave needed a new exhaust and rear shock, now it needs a carb, and just rescently it started leaking oil!

roostin_dale
07-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
I hope this is the 250x and not yur yfz! but yes this happens to me my mojave needed a new exhaust and rear shock, now it needs a carb, and just rescently it started leaking oil!

Yea its the 250x, lol

I think i'm going to sell it after I get it all fixed. I've been riding bigger quads and its not as fun de-grading down to smaller quads...I should just rough it out and wait till im 16 to race...

Im not sure yet, i couldn't imagine going that long without racing...

zephead400ex
07-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

I've got bad valve seals, I need new piston rings, Need a new rear shock, Bearing carrier is almost shot, Clarke Tank has a small leak, break pads are bad, need a new exhaust, got a small oil leak, I think i need a new carb soon...

Yes, but just not in that order:D Seriously though, you will find in life if something goes wrong, brace yourself b/c it's all going wrong!

It does suck you are going to have to dump a lot of money into the thing. But you have to pay to play!

QuadJunkies
07-14-2004, 01:40 PM
At least yours runs.....:mad:

redroost85
07-14-2004, 02:17 PM
I hear ya man....though it usually goes like this for me.

I need new rear pads, so as I am changing them, I look at the rotor....hmmm looks warped, lots of wear.:( Then I look the fluid level...low...hmmm, is that a cut in my line thats leaking fluid...sheesh, the fluid seems to be running down to my axle....gosh it looks pretty loose..........dang, are my hubs loose too?

Catch my drift man!?:o :p

07-14-2004, 05:35 PM
you think thats bad? i got bad brake pads,stretched timing chain, need to gusett my frame sometime,and i need new chain rolllers!

07-14-2004, 05:36 PM
oh and i need a new barring carrier soon to

WalshKFX
07-14-2004, 07:22 PM
rear shock. radiator, piston and rings, couple gears in my tranny, chain roller, chain guide, brake pads.... etc

when you race, you pay

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-14-2004, 07:32 PM
i dont have that happen as much, but it always seems that when i save up like 300 or 400 $ , something always happens and i need to use it to fix my bike.

stonerider250x
07-14-2004, 10:11 PM

I've got bad valve seals, I need new piston rings, Need a new rear shock, Bearing carrier is almost shot, Clarke Tank has a small leak, brake pads are bad, need a new exhaust, got a small oil leak, I think i need a new carb soon...

what type of carrier r u runnin...and what happen'd to ur shock?

WhiteBros400ex
07-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Yea when one thing on my quads goes it all goes, happens to me all the time.

roostin_dale
07-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
what type of carrier r u runnin...and what happen'd to ur shock?

Lonestar Carrier and my raptor shock just isnt working out with the new +2 swingarm...

wilkin250r
07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Why in the world would you need a new carb? A few pieces may wear out, but not the entire carb. Just replace those few pieces, and you're good to go.

roostin_dale
07-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Why in the world would you need a new carb? A few pieces may wear out, but not the entire carb. Just replace those few pieces, and you're good to go.

yea your right, I need to clean it, throttle cable, new floats, jets, that little idle adjuster...

stonerider250x
07-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Lonestar Carrier and my raptor shock just isnt working out with the new +2 swingarm...

are u sure its the carrier and not the bearings?