PDA

View Full Version : Reversing the front tires

upon3
07-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Is it possible to turn the front rims inside out? I have heard somewhere you could do this to gain some width... I tried and the valve stems are hitting the brake caliper now. Is the something I'm missing

300exOH
07-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Most people drill a hole in the opposite side and install a new valve and install the original valve backwards(facing in) to fill the hole. You can also find very short lngth valves to replace the existing one but then you have to remove the tire to check the air pressure.

daimon1054
07-14-2004, 01:07 PM
300 is right!

boogiechile
07-14-2004, 02:48 PM
if you reverse your rims you will probably not like it. It will be wider but it will feel like the terain is steering you instead of you steering the quad. It will add mucho bump steer. If you do decide to try it be sure and glue the caps on the stems you turn backwards. I tried it once and just welded up the original hole and drilled another one on the opposite side. Got them on the quad and my good handling was no where to be found. It just plain sucked.

Greene Streak Racing projects (http://www.picturetrail.com/mojaveaddict)

bulkdriverlp
07-14-2004, 09:29 PM
i thought about doing that, but my buddy talked me out of it. the valve stem is an issue like the other guy said and it steers real funny. if you ride in the woods alot you want to be as narrow as possible to make it between the trees.:confused: ed

400exracer511
07-15-2004, 09:40 AM
turning your stock wheels insideout will also put alot of stress on your tierods

Live2Ride300
07-15-2004, 01:32 PM
If your trying to gain width for more stability, so that you will be able to ride faster, turning your wheels inside out will probably slow you down:p