PDA

View Full Version : R4 White Brothers

supermans400ex
07-14-2004, 07:59 AM
I just bought a White Brothers R4 full exhaust. I'm putting it on a stock motor, my question is will i gain much more power running the head pipe, or would it be better just running the slip on. Also does anyone know the decibal on this pipe?Is there a pretty good power gain?

Thanks

JRDrider22
07-14-2004, 08:01 AM
i like them a lot. my sis has one on her warrior. you'll have a lot more power to your bike. run both!

foleyit
07-14-2004, 10:25 AM
You will be happy with the gains from R4 system. I don't know the decibal rating, mine is pretty loud. You will definitely need to rejet your carb too.

supermans400ex
07-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Alright thanks. I ride trails pretty often is this pipe loud enough that i might want to look into a quiet core?

foleyit
07-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure how loud it's going to be on a stock motor? My guess is that it is still going to around 97db

TC426EX
07-14-2004, 07:48 PM
First of all, screw the quiet core, it will cost you a few ponies. Second of all, you dont have an option to run this as a slip on. The R4 Slip on and R4 full canisters are completely different. I used to run an R4 slip on before my sparks exhaust and it was an "S-bend" unlike the full silencer. The full silencer has a different sized midpipe that connects to the header that is not compatible with the stock header. It mounts at a different angle and is a different diameter. Run the full system and avoid getting the quiet core unless noise is absolutely a crisis where you ride...

PHIL_B54
07-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
First of all, screw the quiet core, it will cost you a few ponies. .... avoid getting the quiet core unless noise is absolutely a crisis where you ride...

sorry this is going to come off as a flame, but the average rider will never feel the power difference between a quiet core and not. i know i cant feel 1 hp. and if louder meant more hp - dg/cobra would be king of the pipes
i got rid of my r4 because i didnt know they made a quiet core. if you felt the need to ask about it, im guessing you will want it.

supermans400ex
07-16-2004, 09:07 AM
I was planning on doing the jetting myself. I'm not that familar with carbs and jetting wise, would i need to change out all the jets? Or could i get away with just changing the main jet out? I live in North Alabama, will the running the full system and white brothers air filter. So what size main jet should i run?