PDA

View Full Version : I need help! Anyone that's really good with carbs please lend an idea!

InsAyneROostin
07-13-2004, 09:06 PM
I was rejetting yesterday and was trying to find the needle, but couldn't find a way to get to it? And I took the needle jet (the one that the main jet threads into, and there was a small nut on it, and I moved it a bit, and took it out for a ride, after piecing it back together. And then It still felt flat on top. tons of power down low, midrange was okay, but top was FLAT. If anyone could show me a diagram, pics or somethin similar? Anything like that would help SO much. Thanks a lot you guys.

zephead400ex
07-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Did you change the main jet? Usually the needle is fine with being left in the stock posistion. I repeat, usually it is fine so you shouldn't need to alter the needle posistion.

What size jets are you running? Stock?

Here is a link to Service Honda.
http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx400ex%2099-04/trx400ex%20frames%20page.htm

InsAyneROostin
07-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm running a 150 main, with a 42 pilot, and what I mean is, there's the needle jet that the needle goes into, and there was a small nut on it, maybe 2-3 mm thick. Does it do anything?

InsAyneROostin
07-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I took off the airbox snorkel like FMF recommended, and put a filter over the hole. and took the choke out too.

Sparkrider #1

InsAyneROostin
07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
I also have a WB powerfilter....this may be a dumb question, but should I rejet for that too?

Sparkrider #1

cals400ex
07-15-2004, 12:52 AM
there is a needle jet and a needle jet holder. yes, these need to be there. i believe your talking about the needle jet holder. this piece has the nut on it. when the nut is tightened down on the needle jet holder, make sure you can see 2-3 threads on the needle jet holder. you will notice a nice loss in power if this is adjusted wrong.

InsAyneROostin
07-15-2004, 01:18 AM
Thank you so much! I'm gonna go tear into it now and redo it...Thanks again! Peace.