PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bikes: Is it hard to ride?

brazilian rider
07-13-2004, 08:41 PM
I`m thinking of getting one soon.

Whay do you guys think?

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 08:44 PM
nope, not at all once you get the hang of it you ride really well :macho

WOracing
07-13-2004, 08:45 PM
^^^^ what he said

lol
07-13-2004, 08:46 PM
its just tht u need to get used to it, its like learning to ride a clutch

Punk'd
07-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lol
its just tht u need to get used to it, its like learning to ride a clutch

Yup and expecially (sp?) if your comeing from riding quads;)

JDiablo
07-13-2004, 09:13 PM
lmao,for some reason i hate riding dirtbikes just because of the twist throttle,lol i've been on dirtbikes about 10 times,and crashed about 4 all because i did something wrong with the throttle,otherwise i would have gotten one already....but does anyone know if there is a thumb throttle conversion for a dirtbike?:huh

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lmao,for some reason i hate riding dirtbikes just because of the twist throttle,lol i've been on dirtbikes about 10 times,and crashed about 4 all because i did something wrong with the throttle,otherwise i would have gotten one already....but does anyone know if there is a thumb throttle conversion for a dirtbike?:huh

lol, i dont think there is a thumb conversion and i dont know why ud want one, i think it would feel really strange on a dirtbike, as for twists they are easy to learn once you get the hang of them

MXER017
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
You can put a thumb throttle on a dirtbike I have seen it done (pulled up to the gate one day and the guy beside me had one) I dont know why you would want to rideing a dirtbike IS Alot different than a quad (I ride and race both when someone will loan me there quad) the way you control a bike does't fit well with a thumb throttle I dont think,you dont steer or turn dirtbikes you lean them and move them with your knees and body weight if your trying to use a thumb I dont see how you could do all of this right, the twist isn't near as bad as people think is does take some people a while to get use to it but once you do it's great the main thing is you dont really grip the throttle you kinda let it "ride" in your hand if you grip down on it your going to open it up reall quick,I run a motion pro quater turn on my bike and love it cause its wide open sooo fast of the gate i barely have to move my hand.Buy the bike ride it and dont give up YOU will get used to it and love it,on trails bikes rule (sorry guys) O by the way mines for sale its a rm 250 with a 310 kit and ALOT of other stuff so if ya got 2500 dollars and want a real good bike I got it.

JDiablo
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
i would want one cause i hate twist.....PERIOD:grr: lol

MXER017
07-13-2004, 09:33 PM
If your afraid of twist power its cool but come on dont be a hater..lol j/k

JDiablo
07-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MXER017
If your afraid of twist power its cool but come on dont be a hater..lol j/k '

no its just that i forget im using twist throttle and i always crash,lmao....dun hate on me cause i dun like twist

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
imo, i think twist is alot safer and better then thumb, in a crash say head on, hows ur thumb gonna feel gettin jammed, also ur thumb goes numb after awhile and imo i think you have more control with a twist

lol
07-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
imo, i think twist is alot safer and better then thumb, in a crash say head on, hows ur thumb gonna feel gettin jammed, also ur thumb goes numb after awhile and imo i think you have more control with a twist

true, my thumb gets so stiff after a while and it killllllllls

lol
07-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
^^^^ what he said

r u part of story of the year or sometin or r u just a fan?

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by lol
r u part of story of the year or sometin or r u just a fan?

hes just a fan lol, id think if he was a member he wouldnt be on here so much;)

ZapsRacing
07-13-2004, 09:55 PM
I race bikes and when i first got one one after bein on quads i overshot SO MANY turns cuzza the twist. But now i love the twist since i have gotten use to it. I know a few guys that put thumb throttles on their bikes they were on 250F's.