PDA

View Full Version : clutch

lt250r92
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Today when i went to go put my clutch back together , i was tighting the clutch spings one of them stripped out in the inner hub will my clucth still work with the five springs that are left?:confused:

LTandRaptorider
07-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by lt250r92
Today when i went to go put my clutch back together , i was tighting the clutch spings one of them stripped out in the inner hub will my clucth still work with the five springs that are left?:confused:

I can't believe it... I did the same thing tonight! :eek: I was tightening the clutch bolts down, not too tight with a ratchet when one of the studs on the inner hub broke. Is this on an LT? I ordered one from www.ronnies.com had it shipped next day air. Inner hub is $43. Now to your question, I wouldn't recommed riding with just 5 bolts. Might work ok for a while, but you'd have uneven torque on the pressure plate.

lt250r92
07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
how much do u think it will cost for the dealer to put it on for me thanks.

LTandRaptorider
07-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by lt250r92
how much do u think it will cost for the dealer to put it on for me thanks.

Hmmm... they would charge about $50 for the part, probably $75 to put it in. If you have it apart, you can put it in yourself and save some bucks. When I get my new one, I'll blow the dust off my torque wrench... :o Guess my grip has gotten stronger since I've been single! :p

Quadzilla
07-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Well on my 400EX I was tightening mine and a bolt snapped and the threads were stuck in the hub. I just broke out a small drill bit and drilled a little whole in the bolt and then used an easy-out ($2 at any hardware store) to get it out. I keep a kit of easy-outs (about 6 sizes) now. They are cheap, but worth their weight in gold. This would not help LT250r92 (cause his stripped, not broke) but would have helped LTandRaptorider. For stripped threads, you can re-tap those. Tap and die kits are not too expensive (prob the price of a new hub) but you can use them again and again also on other stripped threads...

Quadzilla
07-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Actually, you can get a tap and die set for under $20 shipped. Click here---> Click Me (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46582&item=3827594682&rd=1)

lol
07-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Hmmm... they would charge about $50 for the part, probably $75 to put it in. If you have it apart, you can put it in yourself and save some bucks. When I get my new one, I'll blow the dust off my torque wrench... :o Guess my grip has gotten stronger since I've been single! :p

lmao!!!