PDA

View Full Version : cr250 wreck

Stevie-D
07-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Last saturday a friend of mine brought over a 97 CR250. we went riding around my property and track. so he lets me ride er for a while, I was havin a great freakin time. i got comfortable on it and started takin some jumps. i had it in the bottom of second goin around a section of the track that we've switched from a rutted turn to a straightaway to run the quads on a little longer, then slide around the corner. so im going along, happier than a pig in *****, and all the sudden I'm on the ground wonderin how the he!! i got there:eek: I ripped open my arm, shoulder, armpit, hip, and leg pretty good, along with a bruised and aching shoulder and hip. I had my helmet on of course, and my head was the first thing to hit.
I still don't know WTF made me go down. my friend was behind me on my quad, and he says that i just went down. it was pretty freakin wierd. :huh
so now i owe him a new set of Renthal's. oh well. easy come easy go i guess.
:rolleyes: :D :p

DillonTMNT
07-13-2004, 08:00 PM
you had a blackout like in the butteryfly effect.

-Dillon

lol
07-13-2004, 08:13 PM
thts pretty scary! I would freak out if tht happened to me:eek2:

SmokinEX
07-13-2004, 08:26 PM
as embarrassing as is it ... lol. 3 weeks ago i was on a kx 85 drivin up and down the beach doin wheelies an stuff ( only an 85 )
anyways i ended up bein 5th gear wide open on a wheelie and went right back on my head, snapped my ancle and the rest is road rash.. im gonna get my foot cheaked out after the nice weather is gone :devil:

I-7
07-13-2004, 09:42 PM
i think if you snapped your ankle you would have gotten your foot checked out already and woulda had a :eek: instead of :devil:

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 09:45 PM
my old xr100 did that to me once, scared me chitless, got up shaking and everything, idk what happened either it just layed over, my guess would be your rear tire slid out or the front causing you to go down

F-16Guy
07-13-2004, 11:25 PM
The '97 CRs are a little sketchy on the small bumps (at least mine was). The forks are pretty harsh, and that first year aluminum frame is really stiff. My bike threw me down a couple of times when I wasn't paying attention, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger. :D

Stevie-D
07-14-2004, 07:09 PM
you had a blackout like in the butteryfly effect.

thats what it was like. very wierd :huh
(cool movie BTW)

my buddy just called a bit ago. $89.95 for a set of the gosh danged renthal sticks.
:eek2: :eek: :(

but ya, the bike did ride very stiff. it was a race bike before he bought it. it's got aftermarket forks on it, i forget what brand they are, but it rode very very stiff. the bike sure has some major cojones on it. :eek2:

K_Banger125
07-14-2004, 07:33 PM
yah something similiar happened to me yesterday on my bike.I was goin around a track and went around a turn right before a jump and before i knew what was happening i was getting up off the ground with blood in my mouth and bent bars... freaky chit :huh