PDA

View Full Version : Protective gear: cups

Tantal
07-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Am I the only person that wears a cup when riding :confused:

I played Hockey throughout grade school & high school, so I don't really find wearing a cup uncomfortable - I look at wearing a cup when riding as a type of insurance that things won't get too messed up if something unforgiving should happen.

Insider
07-13-2004, 05:58 PM
:huh

Quad18star
07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
So you mean when you come up short on a jump ... and slam into the gas tank , you don't mind breaking bones in your pelvic area???

batgeek
07-13-2004, 06:02 PM
let Harry Poker and the High Notes free!!!

unrestricted ability to roam free is their right!!!!

Insider
07-13-2004, 06:03 PM
not to mention a cup could cut the circulation off to your boys when seated:p you dont want sleepy boys do you:confused:

lol
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
let Harry Poker and the High Notes free!!!

unrestricted ability to roam free is their right!!!!

lmao!!!!

Tantal
07-13-2004, 06:12 PM
So, I take it that I am the only one :D :eek2: :cool:

I witnessed a local kid crash his CR125 at one of the local riding spots some years ago - in the process he had his ball bag get cut up pretty bad. It scared me - now I wear protection :D

Like I said, I played Hockey for around 10 yrs so I don't really find wearing one that uncomfortable.

It's +'s are greater than the -'s :huh

Quad18star
07-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Having one the other day while following my buddy and getting a rock the size of a quarter nail me right on the knob really would have helped . That hurt like a SOB .

zephead400ex
07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Tantal
So, I take it that I am the only one :D :eek2: :cool:

I witnessed a local kid crash his CR125 at one of the local riding spots some years ago - in the process he had his ball bag get cut up pretty bad. It scared me - now I wear protection :D

Like I said, I played Hockey for around 10 yrs so I don't really find wearing one that uncomfortable.

It's +'s are greater than the -'s :huh

I hear ya. I was riding at the dunes and misjudged the top of the dune. While coming up the face of the dune on my buddies Banshee I hit the lip 3rd gear pinned. I flew off the lip for about 60ft and hit with the front end down, not a lot, but enough to propel me forward and proceed to smash my jewels against the gas tank.

Wearing a cup is not a bad idea!:macho

hondarider2006
07-13-2004, 07:59 PM
i have smashed my nuts a few times to where I wish I had one. I remember some years back I was muddin with some friends, one was on a dirtbike flying through the mud and his front tire cought a rut, flew forward and smashed his jewels on his gas cap.....I bet he was wishin he had one on!

SHOCKER
07-13-2004, 08:23 PM
if havent hit mine too hard but i have hit them about 2 times, but i dont think i will go to the level of wearing a cup

Willfulone
07-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I knew a guy about 10 years ago that actually busted a nut on a dirtbike...had to have that bad boy cut off...

I never ride with one though, I think the -'s would be to great. You have 2 major arteries that run down the inside of your legs, and a good smash could rupture one...IMHO

Peace
Willfulone

07-14-2004, 11:20 AM
I knew a guy about 10 years ago that actually busted a nut on a dirtbike...had to have that bad boy cut off...

:huh :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

0====D

daiglea
07-14-2004, 12:04 PM
I got one of my friends that lost one of his boys. We now call him monoball.

mikeminyard
07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
I knew a guy that while playing basketball, had a pencil stab him in the nut. This all happened around the time of the Unibomber...we stuck him with the nickname uniballer. Man kids can be @$$holes.

Mxjunkie
07-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by mikeminyard
I knew a guy that while playing basketball, had a pencil stab him in the nut. This all happened around the time of the Unibomber...we stuck him with the nickname uniballer. Man kids can be @$$holes.

ooo man that hurts just reading that, id be crying like a baby:eek2:

Nausty
07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
i should. Whenever I start to do certain wheelies I tend to mash my nuts all the time. Specially when I was learning 4th and 5th gear high chairs. Half the time when I brought my feet up through the bars I would accidently hit the key or kill button and it would kill the motor in a wheelie causing the front to slam on the ground which in turn caused me to smash my nuts.:mad:

Certain jumps tend to do it too.

EDIT: we got a one nutter at our school too! He walks around like he has a rod up his ***. lmao.

86350x
07-16-2004, 02:29 AM
I have never worn one, even when I played football I didn't. There's no room in there for your stuff! Not comfertable! I just said F-it, I'll risk it. Never got my bag smashed:)

On the one nutter subject, some dude from port hope lost a nut in a snowmobile accident. He was on an oldie, one that has the carb sticking out right back at you. Smacked into a tree when the trottle stuck, and the carb ect took out his ball.

Man that would suck only having one:(

PHAT400
07-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Well then... :o who has the nastiest "lost-a-nut story" ?

Here's mine.

A dude I worked with was out on the river zip sledding (this was back in the day before all the cool chit we have now for fun behind a boat) with his brother and cousin. Well of course on the river you can and many time's do come into contact with... "DEBRIS". Well, poor Ken found some of this debris which happened to be in the form what looked like a pickle fork just slightly sticking above the water. Not really an issue whilst riding a zip sled because zip sled's were formed hard plastic, unless of course you happen to be in the middle of separating your body from the afore mentioned zip sled. Well :rolleyes: Ken was beginning an exit from this piece of equipment that would rival any of Evil Knieval's famous 'OH S*** I DON'T THINK I'M GONNA MAKE IT" crash's.

Apon releasing his grip from this device (which at the time he was sitting feet forward) and subseqeunt impact on the water he began to skip like a perfect skipping stone. At least 3 to 4 firm skip's all still while maintaining a perfect upright position. As if the 40 mph river enema was'nt enough and ken thinking all of this will be over as soon as he slow's down...... WHACK:eek2: His right leg found the previously mentioned "PICKLE FORK" jutting ever so slightly from the water. The spead at which he was moving further propelled him along said "PICKLE FORK" Which btw was just the tip of an enourmous oak that was deeply embedded and certainly not going to be moved by a 130 lb hurtling mass of "KEN". :eek: As time begin's to slow down poor Ken know's what is to happen next, this "PICKLE FORK" find's it's way up his leg ripping and tearing until it found the current resident on the right side of the Teste brothers duplex. Ripped out of it's home but still attatched by a natural 5 pt harness this ex tenant hang's approximately 3-4 inch's outside of it's natural setting. Needless to say Ken request's in his highest pitch girlie scream imaginable "HELP" got everyone's attention on the water. he was pulled from the water by his brother who immediately passed out at the site of his bro's nad haning out of his short's.

EMS was called , he was taken to the hospital, nad removed because of the trauma caused by this "PICKLE FORK" and ken is now "a little bit left of center" due to this horrific ordeal.

:(

Keep the boy's as safe as you can!

MY450R
07-16-2004, 09:39 AM
wow that would suck
ooouuuuuccccchhhh
well i day when i was about 18 or so we went to the cliffs swimming all the older kids were drinking beers and started doing suicides off the cliff which was about 40-45 feet up
suicides are when you jump you are in the sitting position both legs straight out flat
id noticed that when they jump they were all holding thier packages but i reaaly didnt think anything of it at the time
i just thought they were being gay or somthin
well,my buds dared me to jump and as soon as those older dudes heard them,they started
come on dude you pu$$y do it you chicken blah blah blah
so i went up to the top and went exept i didnt hold my sack and when i hit i thought i was DEAD i couldnt move for like an hour or so
the next day i saw the doctor cause i was in pain but he said i was going to make it
woooo close one almost had to kill myself if something happened to my boys
so when you guys do a suicide hold your sack
yes they hurt regardless whether or not you hit your package
its like hitting your legs with a sledge hammer

K_Banger125
07-16-2004, 12:13 PM
This kid i know was riding their bike and it didnt have a seat...i have no idea why they would ride a bike without a seat (must have liked the fealing) well he was riding and he hit a jump and came up short and split his sack...i dont think he lost a nut just some scrotum...

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by daiglea
I got one of my friends that lost one of his boys. We now call him monoball.

some kid by us did andnnow we call him uni