PDA

View Full Version : Oh geeze here it goes..

RedRage300ex
03-29-2002, 06:15 PM
i dont have a clue what all these chassis companies and shock companies are. Its like i walk into the mall of america looking for a shirt...anyway i want so new shocks for my 300ex. I dont know what rezzies are and it seems like there are so many companies with this and that i get confused. Anyway i want so shocks that are better than my stocks ones. I dont know what travel is either. I want them to be as cheap (money wise) as possible. Any recomendations and why would be appreciated. what are rezzies and what do they do?:huh alot of questions but it was buggin me

Holty
03-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Rezzies are a small bottle usually kept seperate from the actual shock body(except piggybacks). They store extra nitrogen(i think) that the shock is filled with and allows for much better heat dissapation. It keeps the liquid cool thus allowing the shock to work at normal temps even during extremely aggressive riding. The shock will not "fade" during long rides due to heat. I think that sounds right? :)

Shock Travel:

travel is the measurement of how far the shock/spring can compress before bottoming out.

My suggestion:

it sounds like you are in need of some "Works" dual or triple rate shocks. These are the cheapest on the market, however, much better than stock. they will run from $300 to $500 for fronts. Make sure you do your reasearch and shop around for prices.

good luck.