PDA

View Full Version : LT80 pipe? Hetrick or FMF-Is there a difference?

PTMracing
07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
My son's got a new LT80. We've modded the clutches(hetrick), ported and polished, 20mm carb, bolt on K&N and FMF pipe. Does anybody know if a Hetrick pipe will make all that much difference? I'll spend the money if it will, otherwise I'll keep it like it is. Anyone?

Aussie_YFZ450
07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
ive had a couple LT's in my shop, both had cylinder mods and one had a hetrick pipe, the hetrick has less bottomend, but not so much that it was heaps slower but once the revs got up a bit it would smoke the stock pipe and keep making power to the rev limiter whereas the stock pipe tapered off, so if youve modded the clutch then go for it

definataly worth the money IMO and they sound awesome

hope this helps

Aussie_YFZ450
07-13-2004, 12:56 AM
sorry, i missed the bit in your post about how you already had an FMF

i have seen the FMF pipes work well but havent had a direct comparison with the hetrick, i dont think that there would me much difference between them

PTMracing
07-13-2004, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the help from down under:) !!

Ericthered rdr
07-13-2004, 07:08 AM
try here for your answer I remember reading that the FMF had the least gains over the rest of the aftermarket pipes. LT80 info (http://miniatv.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=suzuki)

good luck

400ex4ever
07-13-2004, 08:59 AM
My son has a Hetrick pipe on his Predator 90. From what I have heard on the FMF pipe for this bike, it give a little more bottom then the hetrick. But the mid and top can not be match on the Hetrick pipe. IMO that would be the only/best choice....

onall4rs
07-13-2004, 01:22 PM
if you have hetrick clutches and his port job on the top end
why did you not get the pipe ?
my sons lt80 screamed with the the hetrick set up

PTMracing
07-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Good question? I bought the quad new from a dealer. I wheeled and dealed until I got a pipe with the quad. All they offered was FMF. I was kinda unaware of Hetrick at the time. But as I researched mods, Hetrick appeared like a RAY OF SUNSHINE!!!! he he he. So, that's why. Oh well. My bad.

LT80
07-17-2004, 08:33 PM
My personal results are::
The FMF is a great pipe for a stock machine.Once ported it fell on it's face bad. I recommend the FMF to ppl that want to stay with stock porting only.
Power Pro's makes the pipes for: CT/Hetrick/Trinity/ATV Racing and prolly others.There are differences in the pipes tho.
My results with the CT and the Hetrick pipes were about the same,I recommend neither.
I have run the ATV Racing pipe out of Phoenix Arizona with better results, and do recommend this pipe.I just got a Trinity pipe Friday and will be installing tomorrow. I'll be back with the results in a day or 2.
The DG and LRD was the same.Good low and good top, but it could be argued that they are no better than the stock pipe with my porting.The stock pipe really is a great pipe.
But to answer the question simply,,,yes it will be much better than the FMF. :D

Mxjunkie
07-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by LT80
My personal results are::
The FMF is a great pipe for a stock machine.Once ported it fell on it's face bad. I recommend the FMF to ppl that want to stay with stock porting only.
Power Pro's makes the pipes for: CT/Hetrick/Trinity/ATV Racing and prolly others.There are differences in the pipes tho.
My results with the CT and the Hetrick pipes were about the same,I recommend neither.
I have run the ATV Racing pipe out of Phoenix Arizona with better results, and do recommend this pipe.I just got a Trinity pipe Friday and will be installing tomorrow. I'll be back with the results in a day or 2.
The DG and LRD was the same.Good low and good top, but it could be argued that they are no better than the stock pipe with my porting.The stock pipe really is a great pipe.
But to answer the question simply,,,yes it will be much better than the FMF. :D

i ran a dg and didnt have any complaints with it, never tryed fmf or lrd i should have though :o, ive herd good things about the lrd pipe though, btw with porting etc my lt80 ran like crap with the stocker :confused:

LT80
07-25-2004, 04:12 PM
OK, I'm going to eat my words a lil here :)
It seems that the Trinity/CT/Hetrick has the same or close results.
With that said, I guess the pipes listed are "OK".
Sure don't like some of the adjustments that have to be made(basically lightening the rear clutch shoes sooo much) but it seems to work.
FYI: We bolted the trinity on the same machine as the ATV Racing pipe and the Trinity was faster in my 80ft. (approx) test area. 20/100's faster to be exact. This is a good gain.
Another FYI: The Trinity pipe came with a different adapter to go to the Exhaust port. It utilizes an O-ring. This pipe didn't leak one bit. I know not if the CT/Hetrick pipes have this new style piece.

PTMracing
07-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for help, "LT80". I was wondering...where could I get a Trinity pipe? Straight from them or what? You got a contact I could talk to? How much we talkin?

LT80
07-31-2004, 10:47 AM
I do know Harry, but he was busy, thus I just dealt with the person that answered.
The Trinity pipe was 200$ which was 29$ cheaper than the ATV Racing pipe.

proracer23
08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
It depends on what you are doing with the bike and what power gain you are looking for. For motocross, you should purchase a DG, you can not go wrong with that. My daughter races LT80's and we don't use anything but a DG pipe. It has the best power gain that you can ask for.