PDA

View Full Version : LT or standard travel for XC

brandonpeake
07-12-2004, 05:30 PM
ive al;ways ran standfard on my 400ex b/c i had the shocks already from a 250r so it was never a question but now qith the 450R im buying all new together and its not that much more for the LT but is it beneficial for XC riding, i thought it wouyld be but ive never even known anyone personally with any LT so just curious if it would be wasting a few bills or not
thanks guys

AC 400 ex 02
07-12-2004, 05:38 PM
lt is always worth it, gives the shock builder more room for valving, which is extremely important, houser makes a +1 lt's and they are sweet, run a 4-1 offset and you be back to stock which is awesome for xc, but you'll have a sweet front end, its up to you, its really not a whole lot more for lt, i think its worth it

brandonpeake
07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
yeah im going to go laeger though i think
brandon

Kilabanshee
07-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Jason hughes runs a +1 longtravel setup on his yfz, currently he is in second in points A class. He tells me he loves the setup so I guess alot of people would feel the same....

TC426EX
07-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
yeah im going to go laeger though i think
brandon

Good choice, Laeger makes some of the best A-arms if you ask me... The Pro Trax setup is absolutely unbeatable, even by Roll, and all the others in my opinion.

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah with the longer travel units you can run the first stage spring a little softer, this helps not over work the valving and the shocks don't pack up on high speed hits then stiffen up to resist btming out. All in all more is always better in suspension travel IMO.

Tommy 17
07-12-2004, 06:27 PM
i just went from a 16 inch (STD) with burgard a-arms to long travel with arens a-arms...

there is DEF a differnce between the 2... on the long travel when u go over logs and across deep ruts the shocks have so much down travel that u don't feel anything... the ssd alone soaks up alot more then the ssd did on the std travels... also i've noticed i can hit ditches alot harder and it just soaks them right up... def would never go back to a std travel front end...