PDA

View Full Version : Raptor vz banshee

Quad Dude
07-12-2004, 04:20 PM
ok one of my friends has a raptor and he thinks hes the fastest of any ever and all hes got in it is a power core 4 dyno jet kit and k&N filter it also is bore a little from a rebuild.
well my question is will a Shee take his raptor it the both had simaliar mods or would it take a lot more to beat a raptor

fastblaster2002
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
it would be close but the shee would win

kuba1506
07-12-2004, 09:31 PM
I think without all the mods a banshee could take the raptor but deffinetly if you had pipe and everything BANSHEE HANDS DOWN:D

300ex_rider1121
07-13-2004, 11:09 AM
the shee but he could easily change the gearing on the rap for top speed and smoke the shee

kuba1506
07-13-2004, 04:05 PM
true....but i guess all depend on how far they were racing

MY450R
07-16-2004, 11:26 AM
why does everyone think the raptor is fast????
they arent really theat fast
i mean please it may be as faster than a z400
but it def wont pull a shee or any 450 doesnt matter what mods it has
i hate to break it to ya but they are a big heavy pos if you ask me
even if you dont ask me
my buddies is always breaking down everytime we ride
and its only a year and a half old he is always working on it
not to flame or anything but i know a couple people and they all have the same problem after about a year or so they start to fall apart

Quad Dude
07-16-2004, 02:43 PM
ya i never thought that his raptor was all that great i may beat my ex but is stock so its no big deal, and i would never buy a quad that it is known fact that is a few years u will have to put an extra $$500 buck it to have eletric start work. yamaha sure ****ed up and shoud have reacalled every one of those heaps the first year and stoped making them so cheap an and maybe they would sell more.

and is it true that the yfz450 charging system are so junk that u have to have the lights on all so that the battery will charge when u ride or ur battery will die???

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 02:17 PM
on a track the raptor will win
On a longer drag the banshee will pull away
I have seen it happen

Now why does everyone think the raptor is fast?

1. it is
2. it was the fastest for quite a while
3. they are super easy to find

but they are a little overestimated

Cheese_Head
07-21-2004, 09:30 AM
on a track the raptor will win

Stock Raptors are probably the worst MXers ever so they would win only if the Shee rider totally sucks and dont get me wrong here the Shee is no MX machine at all...Just gives you an idea of how bad Rappys are on an MX track.

it was the fastest for quite a while

They never were, stock vs stock DS 650s are faster and if you were talking about modded ATVs they arent even close...

they are super easy to find

I agree with on that one.

but they are a little overestimated

I agree with you once again, see 2 out of 4 aint so bad.

theyfctr
07-21-2004, 10:29 AM
I have a ds650 and it is not quite as fast as a raptor stock. I still like it more though becouse it takes jumps so well and is extremely smoothe.

Mango
07-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
why does everyone think the raptor is fast????
they arent really theat fast
i mean please it may be as faster than a z400
but it def wont pull a shee or any 450 doesnt matter what mods it has
i hate to break it to ya but they are a big heavy pos if you ask me
even if you dont ask me
my buddies is always breaking down everytime we ride
and its only a year and a half old he is always working on it
not to flame or anything but i know a couple people and they all have the same problem after about a year or so they start to fall apart

You need to read some more.
I have beaten a stock yfz when my raptor was stock. If we were dragging and I got a good jump, I could hang and then run away if there was enough room. Just because your buddy is having problems doesn't mean all raptors have problems. I'm not flaming you or him, but I see many people with problems on all different bikes. Most of which are caused by poor or lack of maintenance.
Now that I have full exhaust, airbox mod, and jetting, I think my raptor runs very well. I was able to hang with a modded lt500 at St. Anthony's. Is it the fastest quad. Absolutley not.
Now, they are about 50 lbs heavier than a yfz and I do not know what a 450r weighs. But, not all riders are the same weight. You act like Yamaha was not thinking about anything when they designed them. They most likely thought they needed the weight or they would not have made them that heavy. Believe me, it cost more money to ship more weight. If I were to invest in some new carbs, I've been told I coould suck the plastic off most other quads. It basically comes down to how much money do you want to spend, not what brand you are riding. I wish I could have one of each, but I will not bash a quad, it makes no sense.
As far as the yfz charging system goes, the motor charges more whne it is run at higher revs. If you are going to "lug" around, Yamaha advises to turn on your lights. This somehow helps increase the amps sent to the battery keeping it at the highest level.

mango

2004lebanshee
07-21-2004, 03:31 PM
I smoke rappys. I dont think there fast either

badass250r
07-21-2004, 08:19 PM
shee all the way

theyfctr
07-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mango
You need to read some more.
I have beaten a stock yfz when my raptor was stock.
\

Do I need to say that it was the riders?

theyfctr
07-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Cheese_Head
Stock Raptors are probably the worst MXers ever so they would win only if the Shee rider totally sucks and dont get me wrong here the Shee is no MX machine at all...Just gives you an idea of how bad Rappys are on an MX track.

They never were, stock vs stock DS 650s are faster and if you were talking about modded ATVs they arent even close...

ds650's are not as fast as raptors and raptors would easily beat a banshee on a track between riders of equal skill.

Cheese_Head
07-23-2004, 05:17 PM
ds650's are not as fast as raptors and raptors would easily beat a banshee on a track between riders of equal skill.

We have tons of DS and Rappys around here and when drag racing the DSs come out on top 9 times out of 10.Every year at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal they hold a SX event and in the ATVs open class the Banshees totally destroy the Raptors, they arent even contenders they just get crushed.

kuba1506
07-23-2004, 06:27 PM
LETS HERE IT FOR THE SHEEEEEEEE!!!:devil:

03EX
07-23-2004, 07:22 PM
a friend of mine just bought a 04 raptor,and by any means im not saying my 300 is fast, but on the trails we ride on "open woods"not tight Im up his $SS all the time or somtimes in the front! they are definatly to heavy and to high for any kind of cornering.

My vote to the banshee!

theyfctr
07-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheese_Head
We have tons of DS and Rappys around here and when drag racing the DSs come out on top 9 times out of 10.Every year at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal they hold a SX event and in the ATVs open class the Banshees totally destroy the Raptors, they arent even contenders they just get crushed.

I just rode a stock raptor and i KNOW it was quicker than my ds. And that never happens around here. But if you don't own a ds then don't talk because i should know.

86350x
07-25-2004, 06:51 PM
The banshee with pipes, and a jetting swap is faster then a piped raptor. It won't kill it, but it should beat it.

bdr005
07-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 03EX
a friend of mine just bought a 04 raptor,and by any means im not saying my 300 is fast, but on the trails we ride on "open woods"not tight Im up his $SS all the time or somtimes in the front! they are definatly to heavy and to high for any kind of cornering.

My vote to the banshee!

Not to bash your buddy, but in woods I walk away from my friends 300ex. With a little body english, it corners fine.

03EX
07-26-2004, 07:24 PM
rider does mean a lot too!
hes only been riding 2 years!

BYRD-MAN
07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
From what i have seen the raptor is faster than a shee STOCK but a raptor is not faster than a stock ds BUT it all depends on the rider.(not bashing anyone)