PDA

View Full Version : OLins to Elkas

santorz400
07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Bought me a new Cdale the other day and I want to switch my elka's with the olins that are all ready on it. The elka are already valved for my weight. The bushings that are in the olins are a little to big to be switched with the elkas. ... any suggestions?

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
A little sanding will fix it. A friend just took his C-dale shocks and put them on the 450R and when he put the R shocks on the EX we had to grind them some but everything else fit and worked.

Bill Fuller
07-12-2004, 05:41 PM
I would sell the Elka shocks and take that money and send the Ohlins to Jeff@Quadshop and let him convert them to SSD.Just my opinion.I have ridden both shocks and the Ohlins are just as good(provided they have ressies).When you go switching shocks to different machines you are changing the geometry that the shocks are built for and this could have an adverse effect on handling.At the least call Jeff and talk to him,he is a factory sponsered ATK rider(of course you know thats a Cannondale).Enjoy that beast and take care of it theres nothing like it in the industry.

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 06:21 PM
The Ohlins on the C-dale are not their top notch units. They were a budget shock made for C-dale and are not up to the same spec as the shocks you would buy directly from them.