PDA

View Full Version : anyone near camp lejeune?

1badex
07-12-2004, 01:49 PM
just wondering if n-e-one rides near the jacksonville, camp lejeune area?

dawn
07-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Check out www.atvnc.com .... if you run MX, a bunch of us run the outlaw series at Jacksonvill MX park. there are several other tracks in J'ville.

1badex
07-20-2004, 08:48 AM
i ride on highway 58 in maysville. they just built a new tt track.along with their mx track.when do you guys ride?i hate racing a whole bunch of dirt bikes.

dawn
07-21-2004, 04:11 AM
the outlaw series we just ran, just ended. Once the Fall series starts we will be racing again. Also they have open practice all the time and other races. Some of us are heading there this weekend. They are having an AMA/Dist. 29 race sat/sun. i will be there sunday.

1badex
07-21-2004, 12:55 PM
what days are the practices, and what time?

when does the next racing series begin?

and what time this sat/sun is all the races going on?

and what road is the jacksonville mx park on.thanx for the info.

dawn
07-21-2004, 04:17 PM
check out this site www.atvnc.com and go to MX and there will be a list of all tracks with links. the information should be on their site. this weekend im sure sign up is 7-8 then practice then races.

1badex
07-22-2004, 02:31 PM
my dad and i went out there today to check things out.it a nice track.cant wait to ride, im going to go out there this weekend to check out the races.i need to ride the track a little bit before i try to race.

dawn
07-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Were you out there sunday, i was there racing.

1badex
07-26-2004, 01:09 PM
yeah i saw you, i wish i could have jumped in on the race since there was so many riders:D .......that guy on the 450R ate it pretty hard around that one corner.i was up on the podium thing where the flag guy is.i actually walked by you a couple of times not realizing who you were until i saw you at the starting line.i didnt know you were a girl,not that it is a bad thing.as ong as you can hold your own.im gonna go out there wed. night to the practice.ill have to go out there a couple of weeks before i race so i can get a feel of the track.

dawn
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
definatly crowded on the track;) ;) actually when we run the outlaw series, there is usually a lot more, between 10-16. they are having some nite races there untill the outlaw series start, and all of it is for fun, they are not sanctioned races, so the level of riding ability varies, some are first time racers and some not. So its a great way to get pratice on racing and its a lot of fun.

1badex
07-27-2004, 08:33 AM
sounds like fun. all you have to have is a kill switch, and numbers to race right? i might have to start going out there.

stephiesjeffy
08-03-2004, 12:34 AM
1badex hey I don't know if you are male or female but it doesn't matter I am in the Marines and will be stationed there soon (as soon as my orders go through and heard alittle about the track there as soon as my family and I get settled we will be there alot and need for someone to show us around alittle me and my wife will be getting new quads so please keep in touch and we hook up soon later

1badex
08-03-2004, 09:02 AM
hey wutsup, whenever you come down i can show you a couple different tracks. what kind of quad are you lookin for?by the way,i am a 20/male.

stephiesjeffy
08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
we are looking at a 400ex (used) for her and a trx for me and we will be down there soon hopefully and gonna need a place to ride I haven't been down there in a few years and need to find a place in the country to ride also but thats when we get there

hit me up in my mail at Paharleyman2001@yahoo.com and find out what we can do to chat on line somewhere and talk about it down there later man

1badex
08-04-2004, 08:09 AM
watsup, your gonna be droppin some money buying 2 quads.here in town there is a book called the carolina bargain trader where people are selling alot of quads.that is where i found my 2002 400ex for only 3 thousand.you can probly find some good deals on quads.i could have helped you out on a 05 all black 450r, but it was sold a couple days ago.the dude bought it and put nerf bars and a fmf exhaust. had it for two weeks and wanted to sell it.he only wanted 5 thousand for it.but i dont know any places to ride in the country.are you talkin about open feilds and trails?all i really know about is mx tracks, but there is a place called big dawg country that has over 600 acres of trails and has a section for 4x4 trucks.its pretty cool cause you can go ride and when you get tired you can watch drunk people bury there trucks in the mud.it is $25 per day.that would be a cool place to ride with your family.your not alowed to ride on camp lejeune anymore cause a marine tried sueing the base cause he got hurt riding the trails on base which sucks cause base has more trails thand places to ride than anywhere i know.n e way i dont know where to go to talk in a chat room unless you have a suggestion.later

ps-i dont have a email address cause i dont know where to get my own.i used my girlfriends moms just so i could register to talk. on this forum.

stephiesjeffy
08-05-2004, 09:46 PM
well man I hope the trails will be waiting for me when I get there cause we are going to rip them up a little. I hope you have a quad when i get there if not already, cause i will need someone to ride with and for someone to show me where all the good riding spots are. hopefully we will be there before the holidays the way things are going now with all this **** going on and deployments to Iraq who knows when things are going to happen but they will sooner or later. I will let you know when this happens and let your buddies know (the ones with quads we will tearing things up when we get there.

1badex
08-06-2004, 06:56 AM
sounds like fun....yeah i have a quad, it is a 400ex on steroids.im known to rip some dirt up from time to time and can use a companion.where are you moving from?and when you move here are you going to be living on base or in jacksonville?just wondering.later

stephiesjeffy
08-06-2004, 10:36 PM
hey man I sure hope I will be down there soon cause i want to go riding in the mud instead of the sand. I will not be living on base loose too much money like that. I hope i will be able to find a place in the country around there. I haven't been to jacksonville in about 12 years and it wasn't that great then either i hope it has cleaned up some because it was kinda crappy in 91 when i was down there last so maybe you can tell me more about what it is like now. but i hope i can find a nice little house in the country not to far from base maybe you know some country areas there. like i said it has been 12 years since i was there last.

I was wondering what is a more popular quad down there the yzf or the trx I haven't really made up my mind on which one to get and since you ride on a regular basis which one looks to be the better quad there is a couple of guys here that have the trx and they see to be pretty quick but i haven't seen any yzf's here in months if you get a chance check them out and get back to me later man talk to you later

1badex
08-07-2004, 08:48 AM
i was 8 in 1991 so i dont really remember that much.it has grown alllllooooottttttt since 1991, but not that much. just alot of new resturaunts.lowes,home depot,pets mart,hooters,brand new honda motorcycle dealership,books-a-million,like 5 new schools(for kids).this is just a few of what is going on.there is alot more but i dont feel like listing it.........as of more popular quads, everyone seems to favor both, the yfz and the trx.the trx is starting to pop up more and more because the yfz has been out for over a year now and has had more time for people to buy it.but anyone with the trx has had no complaints about it and actually love it.but the people with the yfz's love there quads the same way and would not change it for the world.so either way you go i dont think you would have a problem.both of them are sweet bikes that wont let you down and are very reliable.i myself am a honda man and would pick the honda over the yamaha any day.they remind me of the good and the bad cause the yamaha is blue and white and looks all pretty but the trx is black and red and looks like it is about to rip somebody's head off.looks like you have a decision to make.talk to ya later.:cool:

stephiesjeffy
08-08-2004, 12:54 AM
hey man I know what you mean about being a honda guy. I owned a suzuki quadracer befroe (lt250r) and it was a pretty good quad but it wasn't a Honda I have always owned a Honda. there has been alot of hondas around here and it looks like I will be buy trx. It looks like it might take a little while for me to get there so I just might go quad shopping sooner than I think hopefully I will have one here in the next couple of months there is a few things I got to get before I get though but by the time I get there I might already have one. My daughter's b-day is comming up in November so it looks like I will get her's first. Her little friend has one now and they ride on it together and have a blast on it so I think I will make her year next month. But I will have mine before then also. I'll send you picks of it soon later man be safe

1badex
08-09-2004, 07:49 AM
you have to please the family first and then you can get you a toy, i understand that.your gonna have to send some pics whenever you get it, and whenever you move down here your gonna have to let me take it around a few laps.i havent ridden one yet...here is a list of the upcoming race series going on around here,ya have to do a little traveling from track to track but it is worth it...this web site is for all the riders in north carolina.talk to ya later.tell your daughter happy birthday.

http://www.atvnc.com/forums/index.php/topic,7666.0.html

stephiesjeffy
08-11-2004, 11:40 PM
hey man sorry it has taken so long for me to repspond but i have been a little busy. I got some bad news today and it seems it is going to take longer than i thought to get there but like they told me just hang in there and they will take care of it. In the military all it is, is hurry up and wait.

1badex
08-12-2004, 01:40 PM
sorry to hear that,you'll get hear eventually. yesterday at the track there was a good turn out for quads.there was about 10 of us going at it. it wasnt race, we were just joyriding at a very fast pace. dont worry though, we will all still be riding when you get here.we have a pretty cool group of guys so everyone is welcoming. we are competative on the track but off the track everyone is good friends and dont hold grudges or anything.
talk to ya later.

ps-what state r u in?