PDA

View Full Version : chec it out

300ex_rider1121
07-12-2004, 11:09 AM
for all u people who dont like hondas there the best if u need proof my uncle has a 5 year old fourtrax 300 it has never had anything wrong with it he hasnt even had to change the spark plug:eek2:

fastblaster2002
07-12-2004, 01:40 PM
your point?...

i have had a blaster (2-stroke) for 3 years now and ride it hard...never had to change a single plug in that either...and two-strokes foul plugs easier especially in the woods...and i ride woods 90% of the time

ive had 1 problem with my yamaha...brakes and blasters up until 03 were known for bad brakes...

XCAdam89
07-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by fastblaster2002
your point?...

i have had a blaster (2-stroke) for 3 years now and ride it hard...never had to change a single plug in that either...and two-strokes foul plugs easier especially in the woods...and i ride woods 90% of the time

ive had 1 problem with my yamaha...brakes and blasters up until 03 were known for bad brakes...

I have to agree, I have had my blaster for a while, ride it hard, and have not had any problems with it. Those things are tough. The brand is nothing but a name.

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I know a kid who had an 1994 warrior and beat the crap out of it. He was riding and flipped it into a small pond. The bike landed on him and he whent to the hospitol. A few days later thay took a truck and pulled it out. It started right up after they got the water out of the exhaust.

theTman
07-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by theyfctr
I know a kid who had an 1994 warrior and beat the crap out of it. He was riding and flipped it into a small pond. The bike landed on him and he whent to the hospitol. A few days later thay took a truck and pulled it out. It started right up and didn't need any work.

was the quad submerged? ( underwater) if it was... that is BS..it wouldnt start right up....there would be oil in the pipe..air filter..intake..all that..i should now..i got water in the pipe of my 400 and i had to take the silencer off..empty that AND lift it up on the grab bar and drain the water outta the head pipe. then it ran fine. before that it woulnt even start

XCAdam89
07-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by theTman
was the quad submerged? ( underwater) if it was... that is BS..it wouldnt start right up....there would be oil in the pipe..air filter..intake..all that..i should now..i got water in the pipe of my 400 and i had to take the silencer off..empty that AND lift it up on the grab bar and drain the water outta the head pipe. then it ran fine. before that it woulnt even start

^Seriously, If the quad was sitting in the like, not even submerged it wont fire back up, when bradley ran his blaster into the lake, I'm not sure if it was submerged or not, but it didnt fire up right away either. Someone needs to bring out the BS Meter on this one...

Hammer trx450r
07-18-2004, 03:49 PM
i pulled a suzuki 230 sport out of the woods for the last 8 yrs and drained float bowl and new gas and plug and it gets beat on everyweekend without fault

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 08:07 PM
If the exhaust valve was open while the bike was under water, water can leak into the cylinder and damage and attempts to start the bike with water in the cylinder could damage the engine in this case.

But you could be right since I only heard about it i have never seen it.