PDA

View Full Version : cannondale comapred to the new 450's

exrider360
07-12-2004, 07:48 AM
how do the cannondales compare to the new 450's in power

SRH
07-12-2004, 07:51 AM
i heard there a lil faster but ive never rode one, i dont think there is any real advantage so id go w ith a yfz or 450r over just because ease of maintainence and reliability an all that

where in ny are u from?

bradley300
07-12-2004, 09:28 AM
i think the ATK450VR (woods version) is really close in a drag against a yfz, mayve the ATK is a tad faster. its flat out a faster machine than a 450R, and handleing is right in the middle of the two. Rowlrag says even with his GThunder exhasut, he dosent have close to the power is HMF piped dale did.

i think they are 8 grand for the woods model so thats about 1000 ore isnt it? but you get EFI wich is awesome, you will not like carbed quads anymore, and i'd be willing to bet the ATK frame is a heck of alot stronger than the other two. not to mention, it comes with a full set of holeshots, wich is another few hundered tacked onto a honda or yammy, b/c i havent seen many stock tires at the races. so now your at 7300 for a yammy. you still dont have any beadlocks, you still have chitty steel handlebars, rubber break lines, weak a-arms, (the ATK are made from chromoly wich is what all the aftermarket arms aremade from) and you need to buy a set of handgaurds and a kill switch. plus, the ATK comes with AC nerfs

ATK has also gone thru the entire motor, balanced the crank, loctited everything and preformed all of the c-dale updates, so reliability is not a concern.

compared to the ATK, the yammy and Honda dont sem quite as race ready as everyone would like to think. IMO, the ATK is well worth the other grand

Parrella450
07-12-2004, 10:33 AM
ive ridden a nasty moto 2002 440 all mapped with exhaust and 18s and hten rode a yfz...and the cannondale pulls from the bottom to teh top way quicker...idk if its the full injection or wat but they move...the power on those things are controled some how..they dont spin like crazy as a yfz does from a dead stop..but they are VERY unreliable...they foul plugs like u change ur underwear and all high tech with hte computerized mapping.

cdalejef
07-12-2004, 11:08 AM
They are very reliable and I'm still on my origional plug that I put in there last fall! Where are you getting your facts?

07-12-2004, 11:13 AM
fastest quad I've ever rode was an ATK..:macho

exrider360
07-12-2004, 12:48 PM
srh im about half hour fomr albany going south. baradley thansk for the info.

i would buy one of the new 8000 dollar one i would look wournd and buy one of the older ones with tires pipe and so on. how much do older dales run for.

ive heard bad and good things bout this quad about reliability what goes wrong on them.

thanks dorsy

roostin_dale
07-12-2004, 12:51 PM
right now all I can say is that i'm mad I sold my cannondale for a yfz....hopefully i will like it better when I get it modified!

cheetah
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
I love my dale to death and I feel they have more power than anything else right now. They are definately more controlled and handle just as good. As far as reliability, they are extremely reliable if you take care of them. Change you oil and filters and you will have no problems. I've never had a problem fouling plugs and only changed it once. They are a great bike, but too many people have negative opinions on them when they haven't owned one. Just go ride one and then you won't be asking us.:devil:

Parrella450
07-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Jeff@QuadShop "They are very reliable and I'm still on my origional plug that I put in there last fall! Where are you getting your facts?"

-my friend has an 02 Cannibal mapped out and crap all set up for MX and idk if it was while breaking it in or not but if u let it idle then go ride the plug would foul or if u dogged it u would have to change it...and my friend is soo anal when it comes to his bikes and long story short the motor blew up..sent it out to ATK in the first week of april and still doesnt have it back yet....??

Parrella450
07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
other then the motor blowing up...the bikes are still nasty and definitly there own kind....there is no comparison between a dale and a yfz or trx...best part about them i like most is the aluminum frame...lol wish my 450r had one

07-12-2004, 04:18 PM
ive ridden a trick moto440 to everything done to it engine work pipe widened and i loved it but i guess stock theyd be great to

SRH
07-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by exrider360
srh im about half hour fomr albany going south. baradley thansk for the info.

i would buy one of the new 8000 dollar one i would look wournd and buy one of the older ones with tires pipe and so on. how much do older dales run for.

ive heard bad and good things bout this quad about reliability what goes wrong on them.

thanks dorsy

im about a half hour south west of albany haha u race any district 3 stuff?

ex kid
07-12-2004, 07:14 PM
i rode an 02' with a HMF slip on.
i rode a few stock YFZ's

i think the Cdale has more balls than the Yamaha.

bradley300
07-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Parrella450
Jeff@QuadShop "They are very reliable and I'm still on my origional plug that I put in there last fall! Where are you getting your facts?"

-my friend has an 02 Cannibal mapped out and crap all set up for MX and idk if it was while breaking it in or not but if u let it idle then go ride the plug would foul or if u dogged it u would have to change it...and my friend is soo anal when it comes to his bikes and long story short the motor blew up..sent it out to ATK in the first week of april and still doesnt have it back yet....??

sounds like somebody wont keep his hands off the throttle when he's starting it! no throttle to start it and dont touch it for 2 minutes and you wont foul plugs. only other case is he's got his flow rates and such wrong

WhiteBros400ex
07-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Isay go with the atk450 cause its prolly just as good as the 450r or yfz and not to many people have them.

exrider360
07-15-2004, 01:43 PM
what town are you in srh