PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing Slip-on problem

RIDER11X
07-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I've had a CT Racing slip-on for about a year, and have loved the performance gains with this pipe, and it was the best performer in the Dirt Wheels 400ex pipe shootout.

But today I discovered that the pipe cracked around the flange on the front of the canister. :grr: (See pic.) I have emailed them and included a copy of my receipt and pics of the crack, so I will keep eveyone informed of what kind of service I get as this progresses.

quadmx7
07-12-2004, 02:49 PM
mine cracked in the exact same place twice and their service wasnt worth a ****. i was like you, i liked the gains but it just wasnt holding up. i sent it to them and at first they werent going to warrenty it but would have it back to me in 2 weeks just in time for my race, well that was BS cuz it took them a little over a month to get mine back to me and raced 2 races with my stock pipe. then couple months later it cracked in the same spot but this time i had it welded localy in like 2 hours and help up pretty good.

RIDER11X
07-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Well, I called them this morning, and I might as well have saved my time......They pretty much told me they do not warrenty their pipes and that I was more or less stuck with it to deal with on my own!:huh :eek2:
I have always suggested thier pipes to people looking for a good pipe, and was even planning to have them do my 426 kit this fall, but NO MORE! If this is their idea of customer service, then I don't want their motor work, I don't care what the gains are!

Buyers Beware!:cuss: :cuss:

quadmx7
07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
yep. my advise is take it to like and exaust shop. i took mine to they guy who put my pipes on my truck and it worked good, he was alot nicer and quicker than CT haha.

Toadz400
07-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the review on the CT pipe and customer service, I was actually thinking about having some of their work done on mine, but now I guess I'll be looking somewhere else.