PDA

View Full Version : Gearing! plz help

Ryan-WB440ex
03-29-2002, 02:16 PM
ok guys my 440 has lots of balls in the low-mid. im willing to sacrifice some of that for some top end. my thumb throttle stops accelerating when pushed to 3/4 in 5th gear! now do i need to adjust my throttle cable? or is my main jet wrong, also what spockets should i run and do i need a new chain for whatever you suggest =). all help would be greatly appreicated.:huh

twisted threads
03-29-2002, 02:29 PM
You mite want to put a 36 tooth rear sprocket on there to give you more top end but I wouldn't change your frount but many people do. I dont think that your cable is messed up but it might be your jetting or it could be the cam you have. Do you have any head work done?

nakomis0
03-29-2002, 02:48 PM
I 'm running my 440, with a 36 rear, and the 15 up front. That feels perfect for me.
If I remember correctly I had to take out 2 links for 15/36.
Before that I had 16/36, w/ stock chain. That was recommended to me, but I did not like it.
With the 15/36 and -2 links on my chain, I can't go one up or down on my front sprocket, without it involving a different size chain. Which kinda sux.
If you can go 16/38 (stock) that would probably work real well, I just don't know if it will fit with your case saver.
Hope that helps.

ps. I wonder if ya just take just one link outta your chain maybe it will fit a 15/36, w/ a 14/36 option, that would be awesome for my setup. I don't know why I took 2 links out of my chain, may have been a rookie error ... :)

04-02-2002, 07:39 AM
I'm running a 15/36 and I didn't take out any links on the chain,,,and i love this setup compared to stock..