PDA

View Full Version : Yfz Or 400 Ex

Lonestar4ex
07-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Right now i have a 400 ex with all suspension work and all motor work pretty much but i am thinkin bout buyin the limited edition YFZ so im askin which one is a better deal??
Try not to be to byass with this one i need an answer that i can use!!
What should i do??????

Johnson
07-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Last year I had a Duncan 440 with everything done with axis shocks set up for cross country. I won the Missouri State Harescamble series on it this year I've got the YFZ 450 with houser front end axis long travel front and rear was win the four stroke A class in the GNCC but I'am back in Missouri in three overall and second overall in Iowa and I'd never go back to a honda 400ex hope that helps you out.

07-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I used to have a fully built 400EX and like my new YFZ better. This is my first Yamaha and I would for sure buy it again! Get the YFZ...plain and simple...Its badass!:devil:

yfz speed rider
07-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Pick up a yfz450.. you wont regret it.. everything about the bike is set up real well as stock so you wouldnt need to much to make it just right. plus the looks of it are flashy

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 01:57 PM
The 400ex is like a toy after riding a yfz(stock)
They are just faster, wider=more stable , and have craploads of power

Freestylemxr
07-19-2004, 09:36 PM
The yfz would definetely be beter, its already pretty wide, good suspension, great motor, its just all together a great quad, even stock

Toadz400
07-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by theyfctr
The 400ex is like a toy after riding a yfz(stock)

Definately! The YFZ450 felt like it was going to rip off my arms compared to my EX....I didn't want to go back:(

Go with the YFZ, you won't be disappointed!

robman
07-22-2004, 11:33 AM
If you get the yfz all i can say is welcom to the next level.

gnarlyknobbies
07-22-2004, 01:33 PM
UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!:confused: No Question. YFZ all the way.

trxmaster
07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
If money isnt an issue then the answer is pretty simple because you will be able to much more performance from the yfz's engine in the long run just due to the design when compared to the ex engine.

If money is an issue and you dont have a unlimited budget you have some serious thinking to do.

Guess you would have to be looking at selling your current fully modded quad at a serious loss or low price since there are not a whole lot of buyers lined up for fully modded EXs. Most seem to be selling between 3,500-5,500 depending on year and mods etc.

Then you get the priviledge of paying the dealer around 7,000.00 for the new yfz and then you can look at dumping 4,000.00 to 10,000.00 into it just like you did with the EX.

If your a competitive racer needing to keep or gain an edge etc it is the only way to go (any of the newer 450's etc) and you will see a benefit from the money you spend, but if your just a normal rider who races his friends and stuff etc you have to ask youself how much "value" your really getting for your $$$.

I dont post much but do see this question around on the net and it seems that way too many recreational riders get caught up in all the hype on new model releases and sell of well modded machines that they have a ton of $$$ into to purchase a quad that may have excelent power and potential isnt really any better than what they have "built" till it also sees some serious mods and expense.

A point to consider is that a cannondale has won one of the GNCC nationals this year against all the yfz's and 450r's etc and that model has been around and cant be considered new or hyped up etc.

4TraxRider
07-22-2004, 03:14 PM
i had a pretty worked 400ex, suspension arms axle and a ton of motor work, and my new yfz with a slipon is better hands down. With bone stock quad i've moved up to amateur this year, and two of my friends are amateur already and have won a few on stockers, and that goes for the trx450 as well, they're both nasty machines. Can't wait to do some real mods and wake the poor thing up though. you definatly won't be dissapointed with a yfz.

SRH
07-22-2004, 05:05 PM
yfz for sure, i had a worked 400ex it sucked it wasnt as good as a stock yfz, not knocking the 400ex but its like comparing a worked xr 400 to a stock yz 450, i mean sure the xr has alot of work b ut its still not as good as a stock yz, that how it is with yfz and 400ex, and the average rider can win on a yfz bone stock...

Rrider4life8
07-22-2004, 05:12 PM
I have a yfz. If your tight on $$ look for a used one. I got mine for 5. I still miss the twitchyness on my 250R:( . But overall I think I made the right decision.

robman
07-23-2004, 08:46 AM
If you want a yfz bad enough you can get a used one up here with some extra's for around 5000$ american.I saw one for 8000$ canadian with a full yosh K&N and graphics kit.