PDA

View Full Version : front sand tires stuck on hubs!!

PismoGuy400
07-11-2004, 08:13 PM
HELP.. i went for a day trip to pismo last week and im getting around to putting my dirt tires on, and ive never used these sant tires before so when i put them on it took a little wiggling to get them on the studs, anyway..

i go to take the back tires off today.. pretty tough but i just kicked them pretty hard from the inside (oh oh well small dents cant hurt anything) and they eventually came off.. front ones are a different story i tried the same strategy.. ive even said screw the wheel and smacked them with a mallet numerous times.. what do i do!?. i cant be to rough i dont want to screw up the steering stem or tie rods or something.. please help

and in case you didnt rigure out that this problem is from the holes on the wheels being to small.

again please help, this is very frusterating

PismoGuy400
07-11-2004, 08:22 PM
its been 5 minutes and already need a bump.,. i need help

07-11-2004, 08:25 PM
use a rubber mallet and grease

Chino
07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
this is what i did with my rear rims before, get a wheel puller, it has a metal rod in the middle, and 3 arm looking things on it. put that metal rod in the center of the hub nut, put the 3 arms on the inside of the rim, get a socket that fits the middle of the metal rod, and crank, it will pull it right off, but it will leave 3 lil dings on the backside of the rim from it pulling it off.. Hope this helps, Chino

Fender Bender
07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
I would take off the hubs, lay the wheel down, and tap on the stubs. If you are thinking screw the wheels, then just get a cutoff wheel and slot them bishes.

PismoGuy400
07-11-2004, 09:05 PM
lol fender bender that would work, but i didnt mean screw tham like that.. i meant if i dent them or scrath them bad enough who cares, but anyway i got them off..

i took a punch and a hammer, and smashed the studs till they popped lose, i guess tightening the lug nuts smashed the aluminum over the studs, so breaking their seal set them free..

but thanks for the help guys

so if that ever happens, tap the studs out, anyway they are cheap, wheels are not..

tator
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
okay my brother 404ex did the same thang when you put your lugnuts an put then on the opest(turn them around) way then when you do the stock tires .to get them off you kick and use a rubbermalet.GOOD LUCK:D:) :)