PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The News!

toomeyshee87
07-11-2004, 06:09 PM
well i hate them sometimes anyway hahaah. tonite at 9:00pm on channel 9 news in Minnesota there is gonna be some thing about people being killed on atvs in mn. they picked apart the snowmobiles in winter just like they will quads....AHHH it agravates me. well just to let you guys know, if you live in minnesota why dont ya tune in and check it out.

Guy400
07-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I almost don't watch the news anymore because seems like everytime I do there's a John "My-stance-is-whoever-my-current-audience-is" Kerry campaign commercial on.

Toadz400
07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME. I totally forgot about that, I was trying to make myself remember to turn on the tv at 9 (I never watch TV, especially the news...it's all stupid sh*t these days).

I'm going to see if I can record it and I'll try and let you guys know what the bullcrap was about this time...

In the previews it showed guys on utilities with no helmets flying around and jumping and trying freestyle...I almost puked. Kinda reminded me of that kid with the invisible 440...haha..Jk.

FTR250Rnif
07-11-2004, 07:45 PM
yea the news just looks to make us look bad...because thats what the yuppies want:rolleyes:

toomeyshee87
07-11-2004, 08:28 PM
well i just got done watching it....the section was called DYING TO RIDE!!:mad: wtf is that sposed to mean? they showed some utilities goin through mud and up hills and one banshee that stalled out on a hill and the guy had to go back down riding the breaks and they were talkin about how experienced you hafta be. they also talked to some kid who broke his pelvis his 1st or 2nd time ever riding a quad.
i hate ppl.:grr:

Toadz400
07-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by toomeyshee87
well i just got done watching it....the section was called DYING TO RIDE!!:mad: wtf is that sposed to mean? they showed some utilities goin through mud and up hills and one banshee that stalled out on a hill and the guy had to go back down riding the breaks and they were talkin about how experienced you hafta be. they also talked to some kid who broke his pelvis his 1st or 2nd time ever riding a quad.
i hate ppl.:grr:

Yea I watched it too, I just made a thread about it...stupid kid, I hate inexperienced kids on huge-*** utilities that give us bad names.

You never really hear about experienced mature riders getting in horrible accidents now do ya'?

toomeyshee87
07-11-2004, 08:38 PM
plus, most of the time you crash you just get up and walk it off anyways, usually its scratches and bruises

Nausty
07-12-2004, 05:38 AM
imo tv is nothing more than ad's, bs, and propaganda of some type and the only thing it revolves around is money.

I drives me nuts watching it and then so even more when everyone thinks if its on tv or in the media then its serious/right.

the news uses tragedy's to make money. (9/11, war in iraq, ect, ect)

then you have fads that people always beleive to be true or 10x better than what they are. Atkins which is a load of bs also because only a small proportion of the weight you lose is actually fat. Mainly its muscle and water weight and not only that but you don't get the nutrients you need.

:mad: i could go on forever but this **** drives me nuts and it seems like you see this crap all the friggen time.

Nothing but grade A bull****.

Toadz400
07-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
imo tv is nothing more than ad's, bs, and propaganda of some type and the only thing it revolves around is money.

I drives me nuts watching it and then so even more when everything thinks if its on tv or in the media then its serious/right.

the news uses tragedy's to make money. (9/11, war in iraq, ect, ect)

then you have fads that people always beleive to be true or 10x better than what they are. Atkins which is a load of bs also because only a small proportion of the weight you lose is actually fat. Mainly its muscle and water weight and not only that but you don't get the nutrients you need.

:mad: i could go on forever but this **** drives me nuts and it seems like you see this crap all the friggen time.

Exactly! This is why I don't watch tv, and the "diets" that my mom goes on are freakin' insane. Absolutely no nutrients or anything, it's like eating cardboard! She won't buy any "real" food for me either, the most "real" thing I have in my house right now is Mac 'n Cheese and "No Name" steaks!

400exstud
07-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Like the guy above me said about that kid that broke his pelvis on his 1st or 2nd time riding. I am 14 and have a 400ex. All of my friends want to ride it but they havn't ever riden a quad in their life! Then when I tell them no all they say is "oh, you just don't want me to show you up." Its people like that that make our sport look bad.

CRASH AT YOUR OWN ABILITY!!!

lol
07-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Like the guy above me said about that kid that broke his pelvis on his 1st or 2nd time riding. I am 14 and have a 400ex. All of my friends want to ride it but they havn't ever riden a quad in their life! Then when I tell them no all they say is "oh, you just don't want me to show you up." Its people like that that make our sport look bad.

CRASH AT YOUR OWN ABILITY!!!

same deal with me, my friends are like oh lemme ride it they sit on it aand stall the clutch and i'm like wtf wud u do its ruined!!!!, they never wanna ride it now:p