PDA

View Full Version : who went to winchester today?

blasterrider123
07-11-2004, 01:15 PM
hey who here went up to winchester nh today to race 7-11-04? i was up there watchin the racein was pretty good nice track they got and any pics are welcome

theTman
07-11-2004, 02:14 PM
i was up watchin too... only for 2 hrs tho cuz my mom dragged me home:grr:

blasterrider123
07-11-2004, 02:28 PM
sweet man what time where uthere from?? i was mostly around by my firends trailer well its not his but its his friends he raced today a 04 yfz450 white frame blue plastic number 19 and i was down by my friend bills pit he wasnt racing but him and his friend matt went up there cuz matts daughter was racin bill had his preditor 4sale he was driving a black duango number 22 on the back window

theTman
07-11-2004, 02:32 PM
from like 10-1 so like 3 hrs...i was mostly on the fence.. then i went and walked around a lil bit...i was hangin at the Coreys camper... blue yfz..# 66..white yfz.. i duno whgat number.. and a 300ex/cr80 # 713

quadman22
07-11-2004, 07:28 PM
i raced there today... 4 stroke c, i got 7th in the first moto and 10th in the scond moto. i ended up with 8th on the day. there were 31 people in my class and they all were in one race the second race. 18 people on the gate and then a second row behind:eek: does anyone else agree that it might possibly be as bad as southwick by the end of the day?? the holes were soooo big and it was really whooped out. i hate being back on the stock shocks and width:mad: but it was a real fun day. Joel...how did u end up doing in your second moto???

ramp rida 55
07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
hey was that number 66 kendall amadon? we know some amadon's from templeton mass.

that track was pretty cool...during practice. later it got so bumpy and four stroke c has like 37 riders in one race. during my qualifier the seat fell off so i rode without it and then my battery and air filter fell out :eek: so i got a dnfi saw like 10 people down. i saw a yellow flag and i hhit the brakes andthe bumpes were so bad the brake lever got ripped out of my hand and i ran into a guy laying on the ground:( i felt wicked bad. then when i finished the race the guy waved me down and pointed to the track so i thought i had another lap so i did 6 laps then the guy was yelling at me for not slowing down on a yellow flag:confused: i tried and i didnt want to hit that guy. i didnt do to bad i got like 13th out of almost 40 and i started in the second row. my friend anth that was having z400 problems bought a new 450r (number 6) and he finished a race for the first time!:D. so it was a real rough day for me. did anyone see me walking around the pits i was wearing orange shift gear and these big aviator glasses:blah: ? lol. i was on a white z with blue flames number 6x. tony you were kickin *** on your stock motor. cant wait till jolly's:cool:

theTman
07-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ramp rida 55
hey was that number 66 kendall amadon? we know some amadon's from templeton mass.

yep

blasterrider123
07-11-2004, 07:41 PM
i saw a couple quads with the number 6x lol some where smaller quads tho so i dunno they probley urs

ramp rida 55
07-11-2004, 07:47 PM
i like southwick better than winchester. because they both get whooped out just as bad except at least at southwick you can carry some speed and skim the bumps. the triples in the back were fun but that was all. was anybody watching open pro i think it was when that guy crashed bad and then got going again and took 3rd? that was sweet:devil:

theTman
07-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ramp rida 55
i like southwick better than winchester. because they both get whooped out just as bad except at least at southwick you can carry some speed and skim the bumps. the triples in the back were fun but that was all. was anybody watching open pro i think it was when that guy crashed bad and then got going again and took 3rd? that was sweet:devil:

a few min B4 that.. when ti was all silent.. did you hear that guy yell out...LMFAO he was so damn funny:blah:

WalshKFX
07-11-2004, 08:09 PM
man what a day! i did wicked good with my all stock motor. friday night had to swap out motors becuase the tranny went in the 440 so lucky i still had my stocker laying around. mot 1 4 stroke c i pulled the holeshot and finshed 3rd after stalling in a tight corner. open c moto 1 i pulled the holeshot and let 1.5 laps and on the second lap my carb fell off so i dnfed. moto 2 4 stroke c i had the holeshot but got knocked sideways and didnt get it went back to 12th or so. passed some people and saw some very nasty crashes and finished 7th. i didnt stay for open

i really thought winchester was a nice track. it got really wooped out at the end almost like southwick. i have to say that having no lcqs was a bad choice and even having 36 or so riders in the 4 stroke c main with a double gate. it was kinda unfair for all the riders who qualified and earned their spot but i dont make the rules so you just go by them. other than that winchester was sweet!

EX 80
07-11-2004, 09:01 PM
MY thoughts on winchester.........

I didn't like it for practice, it was to smooth. I liked it better when it got all whooped out. Some parts were close to southwick but it wasn't like southwick.:)

The jumps could have used some work.

The hole shot can get pretty sketchy.

I liked how there was qualifying, I liked the 2nd row idea. You don't have to go home and not race. Even though you are at a big disadvantage in the back row, you still get track time. 2 thumbs up for that.

I got 10th and 9th in 4 Stroke B
I got 7th and 7th in Open B
I pulled the holeshot in the second heat of open B, with a dirt covered and unswept gate :D . DS666 you were in 3rd at one time and i was in 4th, and you gave me a mouth full of sand :o . You took off not to long after that.
I am very happy with this weekend all clean moto's

memphisgclick
07-12-2004, 05:26 AM
well i did not have a good day. i was runnin fifth in my first moto when i hit the big ruts a little too fast and it flipped me right off the bike. i fell all the way back to the end but came back and finished 10th. i had my tie rods bent along with my right side a-arms and a flat lol. but i straighted it out a little and put some air in and decided to go run with the 32 other guys in my division. the steering wasnt that great plus the tire was going down again but i managed to get a 19th. i didnt run any open races cuz the bike wasnt ready in time for the first moto and i didnt want to damage it even more so i didnt run the 2nd

redrizza
07-12-2004, 08:08 AM
I agree with ya Vince..... I think it was better after it was wooped out. Cause after it gets wooped it doesn't seem to matter as much that the jumps were all built backwards.... We should just run that track the other way, then the takeoffs would be smaller than the landings.:huh Seriously I think you could have cleared more of the jumps if the track was run backwards. Anyways, I had more fun as the day progressed. It deffinately got rough out there.

2nd in 250+ Pro-Am
7th in 4stroke Open Pro-Am

jason14x
07-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Guys , It is your faithful official Jason. OK here goes.

You guys were right about the 4 stroke c. TOO MANY riders on one gate. Our plan was to make sure everyone got their track time, well they did . With the exception of the 27.....only 27 guys on the gate in 4 stroke C All the other classes only had 3-5 guys in the back. We did not know about the 18 spot gate until we got up there so regardless at wichester there will be 2 guys in the back row.

The track looked fun!!!! I know some of the jumps did looka little backwards but hey it makes you a better rider to have to learn how to do things different. ...As much as Southwick gets rough I always run better on rougher tracks....so i cant wait to get on that trackbesides all the jumps look pretty fun!!!!

The other complaints......

The 5 $ mechanic fee....That is Dave Boisverts Rule....Its not to get more money its to keep all the moms,dads,grandmas,friends,and girlfriends, out of the Track area. Thast the way Dave likes it ., plus its a liability issue. The way I explained it to one guy was this......15 dollars at the gate 25-35 to enter and a 5 dollar mechaic pass = still 5$ LESS than to race at Southwick or Jolly .

The spectating...... By August our next race there Dave will have fenced in the area along the track where all the trees are gone and there will be bleachers brought in.

The pits..... NO PIT BIKES OR QUADS !!!!!!!!PERIOD!!! Dave wasnt too mad about that but the pits are flat and smooth and not all that huge so except for a golf car or whatever NO PIT BIKES . The one thing I did notice is the pit roads are narrow and you get people race bikes and ambulances going it gets tight and alittle congested....so I have to agree with the rule here at Winchester...

Lets See .....those are the big things. All In all I was happy with the turnout, and i think all the complaining about the track being too narrow etc. was a little off. Though it does get narrow and One lined I paced off most the narrow areas and the narrowest spot i found was about 22 feet. There was quite a few lines that were available in some of those cornes....belive me I will try some of them next race...I keep im in the old noggin for my first time up there!

I hope to see more of our guys up there next race...our turnout was 302 riders, good for a first time but hopefully we'll see more next time.

I can make you one promise we will NOT run over 21- 22 bikes a race from now on at this track!!!

Guys any other issues please feel free to e-mail at jason14x@verizon.net or message here !!!!

Jason Perron
NEATV-MX

honda_racer_713
07-12-2004, 11:18 AM
i had an alright day coming in 5th in the 90 mod class... my bro #87 on a white k&k yfz had second off the start in the main event in the 4 stroke c class.. and on the last lap he flipped on one of the straight aways and couldnt finish.. but oh well cant wait til jollys:blah:

fastexgirl4c
07-12-2004, 11:47 AM
i thought the track was great....alot of people were blowin up their trannys thou..i happened to be one of them:o ..but thats just my luck....i got 5th the 1st moto..wit a dead last start..and the 2nd moto.. 4th off the holeshot..then it blew out all the gears off one of the step ups near the finish..when i was passin for 2nd..but we are sendin the whole motor out to get re done again.by Chaplin kawasaki ..so it will be right this time..i cant wait to race winchester again

dsracer666
07-12-2004, 12:33 PM
I woulden't say I had a great day, but it was very good.
considing I only had 1-3 (gears) I did good.

1st in moto 1 open B
3rd after a crash in moto 2
3rd overall.

we should have pic up later this week on our site.

good job #13 mofford you fast SOB:D

yfzracer220
07-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I had a good day, took 1st in moto 1 4stkb 9th in moto 2 after I spunout, but I ended up 5th overall. To bad they were only giving trophies to the top three. I thought the track was pretty good, looking forward to next time

dsracer666
07-12-2004, 02:58 PM
there a new track in maine opening for more info ask here
http://www.mainedirtbikes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2212

the first race is this sunday.

NTPRacing#19
07-12-2004, 06:46 PM
i hate that track and moffard you were fast. i got you once but last lap you were on my arse! i took first in the 4 stroke B div2 moto and then second in the main.

open B div2 i got 2nd. and then open b main i took like 10th lol, i was dead and i think a few of you were confused as to what the hell was wrong with me, well you guys are in way better shape than i am to go 4 motos all day. hats off to yah and hell 666 you can honk that DS around no problem.

oh Vinney LMAO im sorry about the roost at the gate. how did you make out in the holeshot followin me anyway??? i think i got pushed out side and you snuck by. it was a big cluster f-u-v-k at that place.

dawzie
07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
My son(#49) ran pro and pro-am 4-stroke. ended up 4th in both classes. The sand there is great for getting hooked up. Lots of traction. I'm sure in time they will get the water system in and more spectacting area's. Its a easy track to get to, only took us 3 hours and we live by Diamondback in NY.

450Rrider#26
07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
i hated that track at the start of the day then it got real nice by the end of the day. had a blast battleing with pomeroy nearly killing each other in the first moto. luckily won it finished 1st and 1st in 4 str expert and 5th an 2nd, 3rd overall in 4stk pro am. sick weekend cant wait for jolly
hey eldon having second thoughts yet on moving up to A this year. lol ill make sure hes faster by jolly motor might be done by then

EX 80
07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
i hate that track and moffard you were fast. i got you once but last lap you were on my arse! i took first in the 4 stroke B div2 moto and then second in the main.

open B div2 i got 2nd. and then open b main i took like 10th lol, i was dead and i think a few of you were confused as to what the hell was wrong with me, well you guys are in way better shape than i am to go 4 motos all day. hats off to yah and hell 666 you can honk that DS around no problem.

oh Vinney LMAO im sorry about the roost at the gate. how did you make out in the holeshot followin me anyway??? i think i got pushed out side and you snuck by. it was a big cluster f-u-v-k at that place.

No problem with the roost, No one has matched DSRacer666's roost yet. I ended up 9th from the back row behind you. I saw guys on your left and right bumping you, so i slowed down and snuck by when i saw an opening.

Yeah i figured you were tired, when i was keeping you behind me. I saw you go real high like 3 times on some berms, and almost get stuck each time. I had the hole shot then mofford #13 passed me in the 3rd turn, I looked for him half way in the moto and i didn't see him. He was to far ahead :eek: .If you think hes fast now wait until he gets a real pipe and some motor work.:eek2:

dsracer666
07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
whats up guys no pics, I wanta see some action.

07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
man there was some traction at that track. i stalled my 450 in praice,,... 5 ft off the line and in a hair pin in 30+b,,.... then in open-b i stalled when i got pushed over in the first turn:mad: i can see why so many tranys went . in the second half i was doin a LOT of shiftin just so i wouldn't stall any more:rolleyes: the track was def more fun later in the day. 5-3 30+b and 8-6 in open-B both had some good racengoin on:devil:

fastexgirl4c
07-13-2004, 07:28 AM
i got a question.. for everyone usin kenda tires.. did u run ur tires on hard and soft?

fastexgirl4c
07-13-2004, 07:30 AM
hard or soft..? lol messed up a lil bit wit that

atvmx14
07-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by yfzracer220
I had a good day, took 1st in moto 1 4stkb 9th in moto 2 after I spunout, but I ended up 5th overall. To bad they were only giving trophies to the top three. I thought the track was pretty good, looking forward to next time

Man in the first moto you checked out holy crap!!

Yeah i had a dec. day
4stroke b moto 1 div1 got 3rd
4stroke b moto 2 got 5th for 4th overall
open b moto 1 i placed 5th and
open b moto 2 i dnf CAUSE FOR SOME STUPID REASON MY PIPE FELL OFF. (MY BAD FOR ANYONE THAT HAD TO LISTEN TO THAT CRAP) :huh

Good Racing Everyone!!

theTman
07-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by fastexgirl4c
i got a question.. for everyone usin kenda tires.. did u run ur tires on hard and soft?

why does it matter for u cassie... u stunk in moto1 holeshot and 2nd moto it blew... haha

racer87
07-13-2004, 02:12 PM
i ran mine on soft seemed to work pretty good

NTPRacing#19
07-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Vin moffard- yea im gettin second thoughts i like the battling your cousin has been stepping up with. jolly will be sick i cant wait till that race.