PDA

View Full Version : Motion pro twist throttle questions

Kilabanshee
07-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Well Iam having some problems installing the motion pro I just ordered for my 400ex. The throttle cable, seems to be sticking in a way and the slider doesnot seem to wanna close unless I push forward on the twist throttle even then it still has around an 8th an inch till its fully closed. I pull back on the twist throttle it opens fully like normall but it wont close when I lay off the throttle it takes around 9 seconds for it to close like it doesnot have enough slack in the throttle cable to fully open and close. If anyone can help me please Im me headpin900 or just leave me a reply.

Quadzilla
07-12-2004, 09:03 AM
I would make sure that you left enough of the throttle sticking out beyond the end of the bar to ensure that the grip does not rub the bar end when installed. It's a common mistake that a lot of peeps make when putting on twist throttles.

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 10:38 AM
I agree with the first post and will add, what bars are you using, is they are painted then you need to sand them, do not put grese because dust and dirt will pack in there use a dry lube or a few coats of wax and redo it often. Also check your cable routing you might have to tight a bend somewhere.