PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore Kit?

m250r
07-11-2004, 09:31 AM
What size bore kit would I be able to get for an r without having to run race gas? How much would it cost?

lil400exman
07-11-2004, 08:27 PM
well you can really run any size big bore you feel like without running race gas. running race gas is due to a strong port and high compression. i reccomend running it though. think of it like this- you have a river. you can drink that water straight. it water and it will quench your thirst but, it may be bad and carries many extra things you dont need (algae etc) and can be bad for you. race gas is like bottled water. its clean and pure and you know what you are getting everytime. it also makes jetting etc more consistant. now on what big bore sizes. you can go with many sizes. you can go as big as your pocketbook will let you. i personally wouldnt run anything over a 310. why? so much extra stress on everything. cases drivetrain frame and you! if i was to go big bore i would start out with a 300 powervalve replace the gears (go with some sort of hardened gears especially if you have a early motor 85-86) replace beanings a hinson c-balancer new bearings throught (dont skimp, cause they get play early) get a new rod sound check it and then get it balnced and that should be it for the engine. i know alot of people put new welds over the engine mounts and even put some good peices of plate on there! also go with a 8-plate clutch cause any BB (big bore) will tax the cltuch system!;)

m250r
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
alrite thanks a lot

lil400exman
07-13-2004, 04:00 PM
does that help? R's FOREVER!:macho