PDA

View Full Version : Paddles or No?

SheesMean
07-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Well I am going to Silver Lake for the first time with my Banshee. I currently have Fast Trekkers sitting on Douglass .190 rims all the way around. Would you buy paddles? What would you do?

Josh

brif
07-11-2004, 10:01 AM
A banshee with fast trekkers'. That would be a definate YES. I don't know how often you go there or how much you have to spend but I'd recommend a set of haulers. I been there 3 times. Once on stock tires(400ex), once with sand sharks and the last time with haulers. I'd recommend to just buy the haulers and be done with it. They're the tire you'll want in the end anyway. Save some time and money and buy the haulers now. Also if you don't ever go again you can always get good money out of used haulers. As far as some of the molded tires you almost have to give them away when it's time to get rid of them.

04'400ex'er
07-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I would definately get a set of paddles. The type you get depends what type of riding you will do. If you jump, the lighter the better. If you do alot of sidehilling and like to carve bowls, get a V-Blade paddle. If you plan to do alot of dragging and don't care about your bike having a tendenacy to flip sideways, get a set of straight paddles. My Reccomendations are as follows:

Best overall play tire: Sand Skate II On Douglas .125= $225
Best hookup tire: Hauler 8 Paddle On Douglas .125= $220
Best of both worlds: Sand Stars On Douglas .125= $169

The Sand Skates are a VERY light play tire ideal for jumping and sidehilling and probably the most popular tire I have ever seen at the dunes

The haulers are a well built glued paddle tire that will provide about the best hook up of any sand tire. They are also very popular.

The sand stars are made by ITP. They have new innovative designs such as dual rib front tires(the best front tire made in my opinion) and 8 inside blades for better hookup. Some say they don't side hill as well, but they are nothing to be ashamed of. It has never stopped me.

Here are some Sand Skate II's for a 400EX that I am selling. I bought them before I had really ever made a decision on what tires, then I decided on Sand Stars. They have been used a little, but not alot. I am taking a $45 loss on this price $125 shipped to your front door. They have since been cleaned up, the rims shine and so do the tires.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/p8ad93e3cfa4b79bae7fb08dc62a214c5/f87f94ec.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/p7473d116c668323cb4ec9bc4481e4293/f87f94d9.jpg

SheeRider
07-13-2004, 12:28 PM
SandSkate II's are very light