PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 or other?

04'400ex'er
07-10-2004, 10:10 PM
I am sure there has been many posts on the best pipe for the 450R, But I know that lots of these people are saying like " HMF, good pipe,good power" but I don't care about how it is on a 250EX, I want to set the record straight on 450R pipes and know how any particular pipe is on this machine. Example, I have herd the Sparks X6 makes awsome mid-top on 400EX, but lots of torque on the 450R. Get my drift? About the Fat Boy, I have seen lots of them on 450R's, were they just the first pipe out? or are they great power makers. I have seen them on some fast 450's. Thanks for the help, 450 owners.
And to all you thinking " he dosen't even have one" , I will...

joe1l
07-10-2004, 10:29 PM
I am sure there has been many posts on the best pipe for the 450R, But I know that lots of these people are saying like " HMF, good pipe,good power" but I don't care about how it is on a 250EX, I want to set the record straight on 450R pipes and know how any particular pipe is on this machine. Example, I have herd the Sparks X6 makes awsome mid-top on 400EX, but lots of torque on the 450R. Get my drift? About the Fat Boy, I have seen lots of them on 450R's, were they just the first pipe out? or are they great power makers. I have seen them on some fast 450's. Thanks for the help, 450 owners.

I too am wondering how the Fat Boy pipe is on the 450R. My good friend just got his 450R and he wanted to try a different pipe than the one I had (HMF). Anyhow the one he chose is the Fatboy. The problem is that everyone who owns a Duncan pipe will say its a great pipe. That is the same with any pipe. If I owned a Walmart brand pipe, I'd swear it was a great pipe. The only time you will get opinions that matter, is when people try mulitiple pipes or have owned a few of them. The 450R is too new to have people out there who have tried 3 pipes or so. This is why I wanted my good friend to get a different pipe than me, so that I could actually see which one is better. I will post my opinion once he gets the pipe.

416rider
07-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I have not tried any other pipe but I love my Fat Boy 4.
:devil: :devil:

04'400ex'er
07-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by joe1l
I too am wondering how the Fat Boy pipe is on the 450R. My good friend just got his 450R and he wanted to try a different pipe than the one I had (HMF). Anyhow the one he chose is the Fatboy. The problem is that everyone who owns a Duncan pipe will say its a great pipe. That is the same with any pipe. If I owned a Walmart brand pipe, I'd swear it was a great pipe. The only time you will get opinions that matter, is when people try mulitiple pipes or have owned a few of them. The 450R is too new to have people out there who have tried 3 pipes or so. This is why I wanted my good friend to get a different pipe than me, so that I could actually see which one is better. I will post my opinion once he gets the pipe. Even at that, i would just be happy to know what pipe has which power charasterics, Making it more possible to narrow down my selections.

250rtone
07-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I am waiting untill someone does a pipe shootout to decide what to get. Not that i beleive the mags but it will be somewhere to start....

Cody_300ex
07-11-2004, 11:15 AM
HMF :macho

Ryanyfz450
07-12-2004, 05:29 PM
I have an LRD Pro 4 on my YFZ but not on my 450R cause there so damn expensive =( but LRD claims that there Pro 4 Series does more for the 450R than the YFZ and that pipe works awsome on the YFZ, rejetted with the pipe and no lid it screams and will smoke my stock 450R I get bored on the 450R now cause it feels gutless, if the LRD pipe makes this much of a difference on the YFZ im pretty sure you will be impressed with it on a 450R. hopefully I can get one on the 450R soon and let you know.

Parrella450
07-12-2004, 05:58 PM
defintly sparks...they've got the best exhaust no doubt..i dont kno about LRD but i dont like the Fat Boy 4...it sounds like crap and doesnt look that good...