PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care about soccer?

250xridamatt
07-10-2004, 07:19 PM
My brother got us some tickets to go to the Usa vrs poland game, and also Chicago fire vrs. (i can't remember) game. It sold out almost all of soldier field, and i thought we were gonna get some crappy seats. Well my brother goes to college at moody bible institute in downtown chicago where he starts on the soccer team. His friend and trainer is also a trainer for the usa team. SO he got us some good tickets, that should be good seats. Im stoked, cuz i have never been to a national game.

I can't wait to go. Just had to see if anyone here cared about soccer? People say is a wussy sport, and its not a contact sport. I know very well its a contact sport. My brother has had 3 knee surgeries, and my other brother had 2. Just had to make sure know one dissed my sport. lol

ReconRider25
07-10-2004, 07:27 PM
i play soccer for an u17 travel team and for my school. and yea its definitly a contact sport.:p ripped two ligaments in my ankle last fall durin a game....put me out for a month and still didnt fully heal for another 3 months or so....sometimes it gets sore if im real hard on it for hours at a time.

250xridamatt
07-10-2004, 07:32 PM
im a freshman at a small private school, im working my butt off to play some varsity. Im gonna start j/v, and backup on varsity most likely, goalie that is. Maybe get some varsity field time. I have two brothers that played goalie for college, and i play goalie, evne tho i don't enjoy it like i do defense and forward. I just play what my coach wants me to. I played on a travel team for a while, but i got sick of my coach.

07-10-2004, 07:41 PM
i play socer for school and for MOSA private club every1 disses it its better tyhan baseball i have torn my acl and broken an arm playin soccer its awesome thoe tell us how the game was after u go:)

EvilEwok
07-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I played for a few years and then I got out of it for my highschool.

07-10-2004, 08:03 PM
jus stop overkill go away

muff
07-10-2004, 09:00 PM
I have x-rays to prove it is a contact sport :eek2: (snapped my tibia) me and another kid were movin right at each other, he went to slide and got my leg instead of the ball :(

Punk'd
07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by muff
I have x-rays to prove it is a contact sport :eek2: (snapped my tibia) me and another kid were movin right at each other, he went to slide and got my leg instead of the ball :(

Wow man I bet that hurt in the morning:eek2:

muff
07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Wow man I bet that hurt in the morning:eek2:

that morning...and the next 5 months it took for it to heal :o

250xridamatt
07-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I played in a u-14 league when i was 12, so i got my share of beatings playing goalie, it almost scared me a bit, cuz i would get the wind knocked out of me cuz the kids were twice my size. I would stop their breakaway, and they just don't stop. I also get cleated a lot. The thing i hate the worst are those head collisions while going for headers. Nike now makes a headguard that some pro players are wearing.

I didn't think that many guys here would play soccer. Being that it seems like motocross guys would play football or something. I dono why tho lol

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 09:47 PM
I played soccer for about 5 or 6 years but quit because I'm not too good at it, I'm not quite into "dribbling" and "passing", well I try...but I end up kicking it down the whole field...oh well, gets the job done right?

My favorite positions were defense and midfield. I didn't quite like foward because I am horrible at aim, and I always kick too hard when I'm up at the goal.

Has anyone ever made a goal from the other side of the field? During a game, a friend and I (he's a member on this site also) were standing outside of the goal box on our side of the field talking, when the ball came rolling up...I just quick turned around and kicked it, and turned back to talk to Dan. As I turned to look where the ball landed, I saw it go right over the goalie's hands into the goal....I was just like :huh .

It was funny because my mom thought it was Dan so she's like "way to go Dan!"...I was pissed off, oh well, everyone else saw that it was me:cool: .

Sadly after quitting soccer I lost all the muscle in my legs, don't have no super-kicking powers anymore:( .

As for injuries...worst that happened was I pulled a muscle (the one on the underside of your thigh...can't think of it). That hurt like a MOTHER. Oh and I got elbowed in the neck once, couldn't breathe for about 5 minutes...that sucked too.

God I love soccer:D

Ralph
07-10-2004, 09:48 PM
i used to play on the bergen raiders in like 7th and 8th grade. I wasnt too good but oh well. I was always big into it when i lived in germany but then quading slowely took over...:)

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I didn't think that many guys here would play soccer. Being that it seems like motocross guys would play football or something. I dono why tho lol

Actually, it would make more sense for more motocrossers to play soccer than football. Soccer really builds up your endurance and tones your muscles quite well, you wouldn't be that well of a motocrosser if you're a solid 300lb linebacker:p . When I played soccer I had a lot of lung capacity and could run quite fast and very a pretty good distance, now since I haven't played in almost 2 years I have the lung capacity of a rock:o .

300exQuadracer
07-11-2004, 08:19 AM
i had played soccer from 4th grade all the way up to the 4 years of high school, i started forward on varsity all 4 years of high school and we almost went to state 2 years ago, but some crappy refs from the other team had it in for us because we were a little school playing in a division higher than ours

blondie69
07-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Soccer's okay, I don't care to watch it...but playing it is alright....I tried out for the team way back in gr 7...they put me in some funny position and I was all mixed up...none the less...I didn't make the team, never tried out again:p
But I know people who do have the proof that it is a contact sport, much like u guys are sayin, knee surgery's & broken bones...:eek2:

Mxjunkie
07-11-2004, 09:48 AM
i played soccer when i was younger, i didnt like it to much but it kept me in shape for harescrambles:D

Cody_300ex
07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3
jus stop overkill go away

dude overkill got IP banned u dumbazz why are you sayin he in every thread when he only has 5 posts! :huh :rolleyes: But never did really get in to soccer so i'll stick ta football! :macho

black box films
07-11-2004, 01:37 PM
I play'd soccer for two years, broke both my wrists in the same year. After that I got out of it for a much safer sport... football.

Play'd football for six years and never broke a bone, had a few concussions, muscle pulls, and now life-long nagging knee pain, but never broke anything.

-Bo

sn0wrider
07-11-2004, 03:37 PM
soccer rules.. my fav team is real madrid.. play varsity for my high school and play club.. yes soccer is gay if you suck.. but once you get good and get sweet balls skillz it owns:eek2:

WOracing
07-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
i played soccer when i was younger, i didnt like it to much but it kept me in shape for harescrambles:D

where hace i heard this before:eek: ;)

Rrider4life8
07-11-2004, 08:38 PM
i play u17 premier and school soccer

derekhonda
07-12-2004, 12:13 AM
4 year varsity letterer here. I loved soccer, probably the thing ill miss most about high school now that I am out. Someone did a poll about the "toughest sports" and Boxing, Soccer, and Motocross came in as the top 3 toughest sports to train and compete in. Just a little FYI.

250xridamatt
07-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Well, i got back from the games at 4 this morning. It was a cool experience. First of all, i have never seen so many polish people. Dang, the ratio of polish fans to americans was supposed to be 6-1. There were 40,000 people there to watch the first game. Those polish were soo loud u had to yell to talk to the person next to you.

Our seats were pretty cool, they were on the third level, Just the right height to see all the field, and still see all the players good. IT was an added bonus that we got our tickets from team usa. Cuz we sat next to all the players parents lol. My brothers friend is the head trainer for the US U-21 team. That game tied 1-1.

Then the fire revolution game started. We watched the first half, then we got a call from the team doctor for the fire, who is gonna be the doctor for my brothers team. So we went down and met him outside. He got us passes and took us downstairs. We got to go into the locker room because no one was in it, then he showed all training rooms, and x-ray rooms. He even offered me a gatorade and gatorade bar out of the teams fridge lol.

Then comes the cool part. He took me out on the field during the game. We walked over to the bench, then he took me right behind the goal. I got to watch the goalie make a save from right behind him.

There was even some polish guys that ran out on the field, got half way, hugged each other, and just walked off the field. They were wallking to the security guy, and the other guards tried to take him down to the ground. After about 5 tries he got him lol. He wasn't resisting at all.

I don't even know the score of the fire game because i was under the stadium. But this was a great experience. And who know there were soo many cute polish girls?

07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
sounds awesome :cool:

Toadz400
07-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
4 year varsity letterer here. I loved soccer, probably the thing ill miss most about high school now that I am out. Someone did a poll about the "toughest sports" and Boxing, Soccer, and Motocross came in as the top 3 toughest sports to train and compete in. Just a little FYI.

I can believe that, motocross and soccer are very draining. I was absolutely worn out in my first race, but I have gained the ability to just keep going no matter how tired you are from soccer:D . Did pretty good for an almost stock 400EX until I got hit in a corner by an idiot.