PDA

View Full Version : PowderCoating

InsAyneROostin
07-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Do you have to strip the bike down to PC it? Or can you have someone strip it down for you and PC it for an extra fee? Just wondering

Sparkrider #1.

K_Fulk
07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
If you have acces to a sand blaster you can do it your self, If not im sure the powder coat guy can get it done for a price.

InsAyneROostin
07-10-2004, 10:40 PM
No, I mean do you have to take the bike apart yourself? like all the bolts and whatnot, or can you have the guy you're going to for the PC do it for an extra fee? I know nothing about this so any help would kik. Thanks.

Sparkrider #1

K_Fulk
07-10-2004, 10:48 PM
It probly depends on the guy doing it.

Its best to do it yourself you learn a lot that way.

hondarider2006
07-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Do it yourself....that way you know how to fix stuff when it breaks:devil:

SmokinEX
07-11-2004, 10:38 PM
the guy doing the pc probally wont take it apart, your best bet would be to find someone that works around bikes an get him to do it.. if your not that familiar around them it might not go back in one piece :eek2:

Meek
07-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Do it your self.

Take picks as you go. Lable parts as you take them off, along with bolts and nuts.

Take your time, and use your manal's page numbers as you lable things.

You will feel better when it is all done, and save a lot of $$$

zephead400ex
07-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Oh dude, do it yourself. I don't want a person who doesn't know anything about quads, taking my quad apart. It is not difficult. Just make sure you label everything!!

You will probably find out that we really do mean that you need to grease your pivot bolt on a regular basis!:)

Good luck.

JDiablo
07-12-2004, 10:11 AM
at first i was scared as hell to take my quad apart,but after i did it,you can do anything on it.Just make sure you label everything like they said,and it should go very smoothly

InsAyneROostin
07-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I was just kinda nervous of taking it apart cuz I wasn't sure about being able to put it all back together again! So label the bolts/parts, take pics as you go along, use the manual along with that...Anything else i'm missing? I'm just getting ready for my winter teardown and PCing. Can anyone suggest colors that would go good with Blue or Silver fullbore plastics? Thanks so much guys. I appreciate it.

Sparkrider #1

InsAyneROostin
07-16-2004, 04:51 PM
What about the electrical stuff? I wanna get it redone so it looks clean like the frame and whatnot...Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sparkrider #1

JDiablo
07-18-2004, 08:24 PM
idk if you want to do this,but they got the lil tubes at any car places for wires where you shove them in there and it looks all nice and neat and clean....you following me here?:confused: