PDA

View Full Version : What about the Trinity Stage IV?

450R_lover
07-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Everyone talks about the Curtis sparks, HMF, LRD, and TC pipes but does anyone know about what numbers the trinity has?
Does anyone have this pipe? and if so how does it feel? Doesnt sound like many ppl have the trinity, Just wondering if it is as good as the competition.

Thanks

SandDuner
07-11-2004, 09:15 PM
i have heard one and they are not loud but i did not get to talk to the guy how he liked it.

Smoker
07-15-2004, 11:02 AM
I'll let you know in a week. I pick up my R today and ordered the Trinity system today. I have a full Trinity system on my 400 and love it. It sounds great, not too loud, adds a lot of power and has a replaceable mount since they all break eventually. I don't think you would be disappointed if you invested in one. :p

450R_lover
07-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Cool... let me know about it when you get it.. if it's loud, got good power and stuff.. thanks

SandDuner
07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
no they are not real loud or the one i heard was not loud.:confused:

ROGERS
07-15-2004, 09:38 PM
If I remember correctly, the last time I talked with them (Trinity), they said there is a money back guarantee on their pipe. Don't like the power gains, send it back.

Smoker
07-16-2004, 06:27 AM
I picked up my R last night, had a short break in period then I was able to open it. I really dig it, I can't wait to see kind of a difference a pipe and airfilter make. It's geared really tall so I'm going to pick up a thirteen tooth front sprocket or just put the mx holeshots on. I'll let you know how the pipe makes power, I can imagine it will boost the bottom and mid range and have a nice gain on the top end, like it did on my 400. The Trinity system on my 400 isn't what I would call quiet, it has a nice growl but it's not too offensive, compared to a GT Thunder coffee can or TC midget pipe, those are loud. :p

450R_lover
07-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Congratualtions on your new 450r! Cant wait to hear how it does with the pipe. :D

Smoker
07-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks man, it's a nice ride, I'll let you know. :p

Smoker
07-16-2004, 12:30 PM
http://www.trinityracing.com/images/Dyno-Sheets/TRX450-Pipe.jpg

Here is the Trinity pipe on the dyno:p

450R_lover
07-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Awesome, looks pretty good. Now what do you think about the pipe? ;)

450R_lover
07-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey Smoker,
Did you ever get your pipe on and stuff?... if you could please let me know how it feels i would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Smoker
07-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I'll give a review and show pics, I'm still waiting for it to come in. I'll even give a sound bite so you can hear how it growls, provided the damn thing ever gets here. :p

rr4406pak
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey Smoker,
In one of your previous replies you said that the Trinity pipe on your 400EX "was'nt what you call quiet".

Did you have their quiet core /spark arrestor insert installed? Or was this just the open pipe.

I'm thinking of buying a Trinity pipe for my 400EX and I don't want a pipe that is so loud it is rattling my brain. They do sell a hush/ spark arrestor insert for an extra $49.

I was thinking of buying this pipe or the FMF Q pipe with the powerbomb header which goes for about the same price.

Let me know,
Thanks!
Marion, NY U.S.A.

Smoker
08-03-2004, 08:29 AM
I bought the spark arresestor/silencer doo-dad for mine but have never installed it to see what a difference it would make. Personally, I don't think it's very loud to begin with, so if the silencer works a little bit, you won't be dissappointed. I installed the Trinity system on my 450r but haven't had any time to really ride it, and get the jetting dialed, I will say that it improved power from the bottom up and pulls nice and smooth through the power band. My 450r seemed kind of peaky at first, the pipe has helped smooth it out. I will report more and add photo's this weekend.
:p

rr4406pak
08-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Smoker,
Thanks for replying!

If you don't intend on using the silencer, let me know if you want to sell it!

Thanks!
Keith
Marion, NY U.S.A.

Smoker
08-03-2004, 09:33 AM
I plan on keeping it, my brother complains about listening to my pipe when we trail ride, so I have to put it on or he won't go with me next time. It's a sweet pipe, you won't be dissappointed with it. I had a FMF megamax, White Bros shorty with a FMF hi flo headpipe, and the Trinity is much better than both of them. IMO :p