PDA

View Full Version : results from the penton???

300racer
07-10-2004, 04:04 PM
does anyone have results from the penton yet I just talked my buddy brian edward (aka the_eddy) he runs 265b and he finished 43 overall and won his class by 27min:eek: but didn't have time to talk to him about the pro's

Pappy
07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1163636#post1163636

gncc571
07-11-2004, 07:01 AM
IT SUCKED!!The track was muddier than last year, the morning class had a dry dusty track but the sky opened up when the afternoon classes were on the line. Half the vet class and jr and other classes got stuck in a bottleneck on the first lap and we got lap on the 4 mile marker by the pro's and we hadn't made a lap yet.While we were all stuck they re-routed the course around us.So if you made it through the first lap you had it made.

crayfz
07-11-2004, 10:05 AM
It sucked for most of the first lap, then I stopped and put on new tires and started to have fun.

ZapsRacing
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
My brother Steve Zapfe won the Vet class and got 21st overall. His teammate Todd Demaree was up to 5th in Pro AM at the end of the 2nd lap but lost his nerf/footpeg and ended up 12th and 67th overall. Andy Klingworth won 265A and went 3 laps and a 53rd overall.

Steve told me that he ran the Holeshot H-D's on his YFZ450 this weekend and he said that he thought it was a great tire, he fell in love with it. He didnt care too much for the Razr 2's but that was on his 350 powervalve las year. That was the first i have heard on the H-D's and he said they proved themselves GNCC worthy.

240GNCC400
07-11-2004, 10:18 PM
i had the best start of my life and was 2nd into the woods. we hit the first bad bottleneck. after sitting a while i looked over and saw the whole open B class going by on the road. everybody on the path started scrambling to get onto the road. that got us around the first bottleneck, then we hit another one (just past the 4 mile i think) when i got looking around i saw riders from every class. then i looked behind us and saw more open B riders and sport riders cutting down the hill behind where we were jammed up. so much for the great start. it turned out ok for me i guess. there were so many alternate lines around trouble spots and the track got changed so many times it be interesting to know how many people were cutting - and if they did how many people did it on purpose or how many were just trying to find the track

Admin
07-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by ZapsRacing
My brother Steve Zapfe won the Vet class and got 21st overall. His teammate Todd Demaree was up to 5th in Pro AM at the end of the 2nd lap but lost his nerf/footpeg and ended up 12th and 67th overall. Andy Klingworth won 265A and went 3 laps and a 53rd overall.

Steve told me that he ran the Holeshot H-D's on his YFZ450 this weekend and he said that he thought it was a great tire, he fell in love with it. He didnt care too much for the Razr 2's but that was on his 350 powervalve las year. That was the first i have heard on the H-D's and he said they proved themselves GNCC worthy.

I actually walked the course with the Steve, Todd, and Andy. Also, the H-D Rear Tire is the best Mud Tire that I have ever used. ITP really did an excellent job when they produced this tire. Also, they are producing H-D Fronts, but I am still and XC Front Fan.

ZapsRacing
07-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Im Steves lil brother. Im on bikes for a while cuz i cant race a quad in gncc's cuz im only 14 (15 next month). I woulda been at Millfield but i had to go to my dads house that weekend. Steve has had more than his fair share of bad luck this year same with Todd. Andy has been on a roll in 265A. Him and Sean Neidlinger have a good battle goin on for the points lead. Andy opened up a lil bigger lead after this weekend.

popo
07-12-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't think theres one tire out that could have stopped you from sliding down the hills or slipping off the neg cambers.

07-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Actually Jeff's Kendas got pretty good traction on the hill where you marty cale and me were all stuck. I tried following him and had no chance so I slid down into Jenks who was against someone who was against someone else who was against another person who might have been against you. I might have left a couple quads out!

lukester720
07-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ZapsRacing

Its good to here that steve did good, I was up at the shop last week getting a lowering strut for the 450r so I could be more compeditive at the flat drags.:eek: