PDA

View Full Version : This isn't supposed to happen!!!!

Raptor4439
07-09-2004, 09:05 PM
I was out jolly riding today.. and of course me and a friend of mine had to drag race, SINCE I just got my 440 jetting correctly (or so i thought..) get riding in the trails and it starts to hiccup.. I check the choke and it is off, but my throttle feels like its on, you know how it's jumpy.. well.. me and a STOCK kfx have a little drag race.. ( DRAG RACE (http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/mx/kfxvs440.wmv) ) and after that i decide.. Something has GOT to be wrong! I pull my plug and its smutty black and has a dark dark dark tint of brown on the very top.. and its doing this at 146DJ and the clip at the very top of the needle...someone..anyone..HELP!

cals400ex
07-10-2004, 01:05 AM
was the plug black after a full throttle run, 1/2 throttle, or sitting there idleing?

what mods do you have done to the bike?

Raptor4439
07-10-2004, 01:49 PM
HMF full exhaust, Wiseco 440 big bore kit, K&N filter, no lid, and thats it.. im running a 146DJ with the clip at the very top of the needle and I get a smutty plug and its very very dark brown on the tip.

cals400ex
07-10-2004, 05:10 PM
i have a feeling your lean on the needle clip position for sure. if you want to gain some power, you need to add a cam. that will help out a ton.

when are you checking the plug???? after trying to start the bike??

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Your main jet sounds way lean, I run dyno jet also and with just my slip-on Big Gun and an open air box I run a 155...and my needle position is at second or third from top.

Raptor4439
07-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I know I sound lean but trust me, that's the only place it'll run good at, ive tried ALL of my main jets and at 142DJ thats where it wants to run good at, or not cut back.. and my thumb throttle still feels too rich because its jumpy, you know how it feels like if the chokes' on. Think I have an air intake problem?

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Raptor4439
I know I sound lean but trust me, that's the only place it'll run good at, ive tried ALL of my main jets and at 142DJ thats where it wants to run good at, or not cut back.. and my thumb throttle still feels too rich because its jumpy, you know how it feels like if the chokes' on. Think I have an air intake problem?

Strange, what elevation are you at? Top of a mountain?

Jingle 11
07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
what year is it cuz the older ones had a problem with the intake boot thing that actually bolted to the head check that out mine was cracked and leaky.