PDA

View Full Version : DG Race Pegs

quadjeff
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have any idea where I can buy a set?? Everyone on the west coast is sold out. Thanks

mephyst
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Got mine at Dycorp in Anaheim.

Parrella450
07-09-2004, 05:26 PM
why on Earth would u buy DG???

kitchen157
07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
magicracing.com has them in stock.

Punk'd
07-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Parrella450

:rolleyes:

Cody_300ex
07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Parrella450

Quit the bashin dude DG is just as bad as Alter and Cut racing! But you might want to try there web site www.dgperf.com

TWISTED
07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
I CAN ONLY HOPE THE DG NERFS ARE BETTER THAN THE AC ONES. I HAVE OWNED TWO SETS OF AC NERFS.THE FIRST SET WAS BY CHOICE AND I HAD TO TAKE THEM TO A MACHINE SHOP TO HAVE THEM CUT APART AND WELDED BACK TOGETHER SO THEY WOULD FIT. SINCE THE OWNER OF THE SHOP IS A FRIEND IT DIDN'T COST ANYTHING BUT I STILL CALLED AC TO TELL THEM AND THEY TOLD ME I MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS. WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS. THEN WHEN I BOUGHT MY 450 IN JAN I STARTED CALLING DG. I CALLED THEM ONCE A WEEK FOR A MONTH AND A HALF. EVERYTIME I GOT THE SAME ANSWER,"IT WILL BE NEXT WEEK". ANY WAY I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE AND HAD TO BUY A SET OF AC NERFS. LOW AND BEHOLD THE SAME THING BUT NOT QUITE AS BAD. THE MOUNT ON THE LEFT SIDE THAT BOLTS TO THE MOTOR MOUNT WAS A HALF INCH OFF SO I TRIED TO BEND IT AND SNAP. BUT THIS TIME I JUST MOUNTED THEM AND HAD MY BUDDY WELD THEM ON THE BIKE. THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS FOR WHAT THEY COST WE THE CONSUMER ARE GETTING SCREWED. SO IN MY PERSONAL OPINION AC SUCKS USE ANYTHING ELSE IF YOU CAN.

TrxTex
07-11-2004, 03:09 PM
I just bought a set of the AC ProPegs with mudguards....

They fit like a glove....no bending...drilling...cutting....welding.... It could be that the welder who made the partcular set that I got.....was actually skilled at what he does. The last set I owned for my 400ex needed some tweaking. Its hard to beat 199 for the 450r set I just bought from Magic Racing.

TWISTED
07-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I PAID 245 FOR MINE. HAD TO PAY THAT BIG PRICE CAUSE EVERYTHING WAS SO NEW. BUT WHAT REALLY P*SSED ME OFF WAS THE RESPONSE I GOT WHEN I BOUGHT THE FIRST SET. THOSE THINGS WERE SO FAR OFF THAT NOTHING WOULD LINE UP AT ALL. THANK GOD FOR GOOD TALENTED FRIENDS AT BURNS MACHINE SHOP.

Duncanracer
07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TrxTex
I just bought a set of the AC ProPegs with mudguards....

They fit like a glove....no bending...drilling...cutting....welding.... It could be that the welder who made the partcular set that I got.....was actually skilled at what he does. The last set I owned for my 400ex needed some tweaking. Its hard to beat 199 for the 450r set I just bought from Magic Racing.

well it definitely wasnt eric pealstrom who made your nerfs at AC

j/k eric

TWISTED
07-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
well it definitely wasnt eric pealstrom who made your nerfs at AC

j/k eric Are you saying he is the reason for the less than perfect(WAY LESS)fit?

Duncanracer
07-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Are you saying he is the reason for the less than perfect(WAY LESS)fit?

no hes good, he makes all my stuff

i was just messin with him(hes on this site)

CdaleXtreme
07-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Once you go X-factor you never go back! I suggest giving them a serious look. They cost a little more but will easily last twice as long. they fit like they came from the Honda factory too!

TWISTED
07-11-2004, 07:23 PM
OOPS!! Sorry., but somebody there needs to be sweeping the shop instead of fabricating thats for sure!!

Duncanracer
07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
just keep in mind no matter whatc ompany u go through, sometimes its gonna fit and sometimes its not....

possibly nto as bad as where u ahve to weld it on to make it work....but its still never gonna be perfect

04'400ex'er
07-11-2004, 07:52 PM
I personally have had no problems with AC Racing, And love the look their products bring to the bike. And yall that are bashing AC, I have never had a problem with them fitting, but I can say that I have had 3 sets of DG skids, and none fit right accept the swingarm skit on the EX. I have had the on a banshee, the EX, and a Lakota, and they all use the same brackets and none fit right. They all have gaps and are just not designed with the quality they should. But they have taken everything I could through without bending, so you must give props for that.