PDA

View Full Version : YFZ's in the woods??

Lonestar4ex
07-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I was wonderin if the YFZ could be ridden on the trails everyone says no its to pwerful but i keep arguin that just because it has so much power doesnt mean u have to use it! Please give me your opinions!!:confused:

jlhughes750
07-09-2004, 08:32 AM
I love mine as a woods bike!!! I raced R's for years so I'm used to the uncontrollable power. I like it;)

dhines
07-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Ask Bill Ballance or most of the pro GNCC class how the YFZ runs in the woods...

kuntz85
07-11-2004, 05:02 PM
I ride mine in the woods, coming from a 400ex to the YFZ and I don't race mine, just trail ride for fun. The best thing is that you have the power when you want it. It's a perfectly fine trail quad imo.

woodsracr940
07-11-2004, 08:40 PM
I.race..the,GNCC's.an.i.love.my.YFZ.in.the.woods.
Fast.as.hell

Johnson
07-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I love my YFZ in the wood I race Missouri and Iowa series you can alway buy the trail tech fly wheel if you think it pulls to hard it will give it a lot of bottom end.

southbeach14
07-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar4ex
I was wonderin if the YFZ could be ridden on the trails everyone says no its to pwerful but i keep arguin that just because it has so much power doesnt mean u have to use it! Please give me your opinions!!:confused:

i ride my on trails and there is not too much power, in fact im going to add more to it

powerstroke
07-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I also race the nissouri hare scramble series and I love my yfz. Its a bit of a handfull at times but the handling and power cant be beat. i agree with johnson though.....i added a trailtech +4 flywheel and it made the bike much less prone to stalling. Matt

TDBRPH
07-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Johnson
I love my YFZ in the wood I race Missouri and Iowa series you can alway buy the trail tech fly wheel if you think it pulls to hard it will give it a lot of bottom end.

Do you have any experience with the Trail tech fly wheel ?

NAXxcbanshee11
07-16-2004, 03:08 PM
wut would u guy recommand the yzf 450 or the trx. I'm coming of a banshee I was wondering if there is that much of a difference. I race the ftr seris in fl and was gonna part out my shee cuz some parts got stolen and i was just gonna sell wut i got and go put a downpayment on one of the 2 bikes

sbemail
07-17-2004, 08:45 PM
1. I took my yfz in the woods and up hills(real hills) and have never had a problem.

2. yfz is a bit faster and has better steering. but i hear the honda has better suspension.
The yfz is also electric start.

SoonerYFZ
07-18-2004, 09:54 AM
I also use the +4 flywheel from trailtech, it was a great benefit in reducing the stalls. I would imagine those that went from a banshee or 250R to the YFZ had no problems but Ive never owned a 2 stroke so it did take some getting used to in the very slow rough sections. Its not even hard riding in regular woods... the only areas that made me want the flywheel were rocky climbs and areas that had turns and off cambers while climbing. Basically anytime you need to lug the quad to stay in control, the flywheel helps. It also makes your clutch last longer because you don't have to use it so much.

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 01:50 PM
I went from a warrior to a yfz and had no problems whatsoever