PDA

View Full Version : carb schematics?

Hammer trx450r
07-08-2004, 08:07 PM
anyone got any? I need to know how to get the slide outta the carb.

07-08-2004, 08:24 PM
You don't take the slide out to change the needle. It isn't like a 2 stroke carb. The needle comes out the top of the carb. See your other post I left instructions. Hope this helps you.

Hammer trx450r
07-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
You don't take the slide out to change the needle. It isn't like a 2 stroke carb. The needle comes out the top of the carb. See your other post I left instructions. Hope this helps you.

I still need to get this slide out. anyone?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-09-2004, 08:59 AM
you need to take top of carb off, take the 2 very small phillips head screws out of the bottom of the arm that pulls on the slide, then take the larger phillips screw out of the linkage arm that attaches it to the rotating shaft that goes through the carb body, now that entire link arm assembly will flip up out of the way you reach in and pull the slide up. the only thing you need to do when you put it together is aligining the hole for the larger phillips screw, take the black cover off of the side of the carb, and push the rotating the shaft back in to align the hole.

Hammer trx450r
07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
you need to take top of carb off, take the 2 very small phillips head screws out of the bottom of the arm that pulls on the slide, then take the larger phillips screw out of the linkage arm that attaches it to the rotating shaft that goes through the carb body, now that entire link arm assembly will flip up out of the way you reach in and pull the slide up. the only thing you need to do when you put it together is aligining the hole for the larger phillips screw, take the black cover off of the side of the carb, and push the rotating the shaft back in to align the hole.

My problem is the little screws. One of them is trashed :(
So it sounds im **** out of luck on getting it out. any ideas?

FatBoy Racing
07-10-2004, 02:27 AM
when I've run into something like that, I cut a slot in the screw with a dremel disc or something similar, and draw it out with a flat screwdriver. sounds pretty small though

good luck

Hbobb
07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Go to www.servicehonda.com. You can download the parts catalog for the TRX450R with exploded parts diagrams and part numbers.