PDA

View Full Version : Motor Tick in 450 Foreman?

chuckles
07-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I have a tick it my motor....the valves have been adjusted(thats what i was told when i bought it last month) and it seems to get better after warm but still there. I use mobile one red cap 15w50. Is it just me or dont all bikes have some sort of a repetative ticking noice to them?

hondarider2006
07-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Every honda has a tick...its the valves. If your really worried about it, bring it in and get them adjusted again just to be 100% sure. Friend of mine just had his in at the shop to get some work done to it, and they adjusted his valves and it doesn't tick that bad. Still a little but not that bad.

sparky450AR
07-09-2004, 12:15 AM
A tick can be caused from using very low octane gas. I couldnt see this happening on a foreman, but you may want to try some higher octane gas.

chuckles
07-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
A tick can be caused from using very low octane gas. I couldnt see this happening on a foreman, but you may want to try some higher octane gas.

thanks for the idea man...but i already run 93..and thats the highest pump gas around here that i know off........i think im gonna get the valves adjusted and the bike serviced and just deal with it........im pretty confident that its just a "honda" tick any ways...

sparky450AR
07-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by chuckles
thanks for the idea man...but i already run 93..and thats the highest pump gas around here that i know off........i think im gonna get the valves adjusted and the bike serviced and just deal with it........im pretty confident that its just a "honda" tick any ways...

93 is plenty! I would get your valves adjusted. My friend has a foreman, and it doesnt tick, there is a type of "tick" in the exhaust that could be mistaken for a motor tick. I've never known hondas to have a tick in the motor, unless the motor needed serviced.

good luck