PDA

View Full Version : guitar

tyson300ex
07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
What do you all think a good guitar is for me I am trying to keep the price below $240 for guitar amp, strap, etc. I have only played acoustic so far I am looking at a squier affinity stratocaster with a beringher 20 watt amp for 218 any suggestions?

ReconRider25
07-08-2004, 03:24 PM
a couple years ago i got a fender squier strat that came in a package with the amp, strap, video, extra strings, pics, tuner, etc for christmas but i think it was only 200 bucks so you could prob get it much cheaper now.

Rdhanded2
07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

Great company to do business with. I would check there first.

tyson300ex
07-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
a couple years ago i got a fender squier strat that came in a package with the amp, strap, video, extra strings, pics, tuner, etc for christmas but i think it was only 200 bucks so you could prob get it much cheaper now. yeah, I saw that package but it is black and I really want red with a maple fretboard which is why I am getting htem seperate, also I am planning on getting this package from musicians friend. Does anyone know what the difference between a real fender and a Squier, besides price?

Fender Bender
07-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Fender is made in the US and Squier is made in china, japan, and mexico.

300exOH
07-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Fender is made in the US and Squier is made in china, japan, and mexico.

Not all Fenders are made in USA. Some are from japan also. Only the real nice Fenders are USA made. The Squire line is just a cheap affordable guitar sold under the Fender name.

RRider
07-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Not all Fenders are made in USA. Some are from japan also. Only the real nice Fenders are USA made. The Squire line is just a cheap affordable guitar sold under the Fender name.

The Fender Stratocaster, is an excellent guitar, but some of them are also made in mexico. I would stay away from the beringer amp, if I was you, not many effects and not very powerful. Check out a company called "drive" they sell amps, one of my friends has one and you can get a 12'' speaker for 100 bucks I think, and its got 24 effects :eek2:

Also, go MUSICIANS FRIEND. Great people to deal with and If you want more effects get a boss mt-2 metal zone, and a dime crybaby from hell.

tyson300ex
07-10-2004, 03:20 PM
okay, I decided to get a drive 20 watt amp, but I have a choice between the squier and a ephiphone sg special for the same price has anyone owned one or know which is a better guitar please give me your opinions