PDA

View Full Version : Tips

GreatAim
03-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Can anyone give me some advice to go about jumping on a quad? What things should I do? What are some do's and some dont's?

K_Fulk
03-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Make sure you have plenty of gas! My buddy ran out of gas once on a double and stuffed it pretty hard.

Adam496
03-28-2002, 07:32 PM
u can use the gas to pull up the nose and the rear brack to dip the nose

Smoker
03-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Until you get used to the way a particular jump is going to kick you (nose high, nose dive, sideways, etc.) roll over it medium speed in the attack position (standing up, knees bent, elbows bent) and gas it enough to pick your front end up (like making your front end light to get over a log or something) then adjust in the air with your body for the landing. Do it until your comfortable then go a little faster until your hammering it. You'll start to learn by looking at a jump how it's going to launch you or how you should compensate (body position, gas). :p

BARRY
03-28-2002, 08:23 PM
find a jump you are comfortable with and just practice.

Wired
03-28-2002, 09:00 PM
WHAT EVER YOU DO, do not go full bore to a jump and let off half way up! it will hurt pretty bad. usually hit jumps with either half throttle or more, unless their just little rollers. if you find your self in a position with the front end coming up fast, learn to hold in the clutch and tap the rear brake, and if its real bad hit the front brakes too, she'll drop like a rock, might land hard though but is definatly alot better for it then landing vertical. if you ever find yourself nose down, HIT the throttle wide open! and pray :D as for the back end coming around, i guess it just takes practice and to get the feel for the quad. a little bmx riding doesnt hurt at all ;) depense on how old you are for that sport, really demanding but is excellent practice for weight distribution. if you have any other questions feel free to ask. everything usually has an answer for it.

03-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Here are some tips:
If you come up a jump crooked and your real crooked in the air to the right then turn right in the air to get outer leverage on the left tire and then lean to the left.Then if you come up the jump crooked the other way then do the oppisite.

Use the gas to pull the front end up.Brake the back tires to put the nose down.You can preload your suspension before you hit the jump by pushing down on the front end and pulling up ate the tip of the jump.This will get you higher and further.

03-30-2002, 09:02 AM
Hey cinqmars
do u ride bmx. I think bmx riding is harder than quads. I've been riding freestyle bmx most my life. What kinda bike you have .