PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina

440national
07-08-2004, 01:22 AM
anyone live in north carolina, where is some good places to ride???

EvilJester400EX
07-08-2004, 03:17 AM
What's up? I live in Rolesville, small town near Raleigh, where do you live?

gump
07-09-2004, 05:17 PM
i live between hickory and morganton.. we ride brown mountain and brushy mountain... the best trail riding in NC

wyndzer
07-10-2004, 07:51 AM
www.atvnc.com

stonerider250x
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
i live in SC but have raced in NC a couple times at parker vally mx. if ur into mx u might wanna check it out. i am goin to be racin at shelby and top gun when i get my motor finished. i have heard they are both good tracks.

300ex_rider1121
07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
i live in elizabeth city ....thees a place called camden motocross it is located in camden

Barely legal
07-14-2004, 04:48 PM
I just moved to Raleigh so I'm real close to Rolesville. I'm going to be checking out the trail systems here. NCMP is coming along.

mudslingingurl9
11-21-2004, 06:47 PM
*NCMP- various levels of tracks and trails, highly recomended-Henderson-$30.00 membership plus $10 day-they r open everyday

*Buckleberry's- drag strip, wide open, worn down jumps, swimming, fishing $10 all day- near Selma,

*Devils Ridge- mx track awesome track $10 - only open on certain days, check their website-Sanford

big_poppa49
11-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by gump
i live between hickory and morganton.. we ride brown mountain and brushy mountain... the best trail riding in NC

I live in Shelby, its near Charlotte, not too far from you. I love Brown Mtn. alot of rocks though, but fun! I like taking trail 1 (main/wide) then get on 4 then go right on 1 then take 9 and 10 down the mountain. I aint been in like 2 years due to wroking/rain etc. Never been to brushy mtn though...

I was born in Valdese, know where thats at?

dawn
11-23-2004, 04:12 PM
you should check out Brushy, great place. Great trails, i think better then Brown.

Destructo
11-23-2004, 08:36 PM
I live in Lewisville, NC its about 10 miles west of Winston-Salem.

Theres a place up in Danbury called Forest games if anyone has heard about it, not sure if anybody has ridden there, I rode there twice in my truck, they don't seem to like allowing trucks there anymore though.

I'v wheeled some in uwharrie National forest too.

Other than that I usually ride up at our place in Carrol County VA.

heavyd119
12-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I live in concord near about 5 miles from lowes motor speed way. I've heard uwharrie national park has good riding, it's near morrow mountain or lake tillery, in Albermarle. Riding near the speedways allright but they built the mall and pushed a huge swamp over my trail to get there, so instead of a 40 ft mud puddle you have to cross a 100 yard swamp that's 2-3 ft. deep.

redzoomer
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by heavyd119
I live in concord near about 5 miles from lowes motor speed way. I've heard uwharrie national park has good riding, it's near morrow mountain or lake tillery, in Albermarle. Riding near the speedways allright but they built the mall and pushed a huge swamp over my trail to get there, so instead of a 40 ft mud puddle you have to cross a 100 yard swamp that's 2-3 ft. deep.
At Uwharrie you don't have to contend with alot of mud, Just Rocks... and lots of them! Save some heart ache.. go to Brushy Mountain.... That place is the Shazoot!

Flynbryan19
12-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by redzoomer
At Uwharrie you don't have to contend with alot of mud, Just Rocks... and lots of them! Save some heart ache.. go to Brushy Mountain.... That place is the Shazoot!

Werd!

Brushy is the best place I've been to so far. Its alittle on the expensive side ($20), but the trails are the best in the area, and they take REAL good care of the place.

Brown mtn is good, but just not as much care taken to the trails, and if you bring the misses along they don't have showers and the restrooms leave alittle to be desired. But for $5 you get what you pay for.

Uwharrie is VERY rocky, and VERY run down.... With lots of two-way traffic, and more often than not, ALOT of drunks riding 3-4 at a time on utility quads, people flying around not paying attention, and 4x4 trucks that take up the whole trail and don't like to let you around. This is actually the closest of the trial systems to me, but I'll drive to any of them before I go to Uwharrie. Definately not a fan......;)

platinum350
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
I live up north (philadelphia) but I just saw Brushy Mountain on TV on the speed channel. Actually looked awesome. I may be making a trip down south to ride if I can find a couple good spots to run.

wyndzer
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
We'll be there next weekend:macho

Flynbryan19
12-08-2004, 05:29 AM
What day are ya'll going wyndzer?

wyndzer
12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
We'll be there Saturday. Look for a white crew cab Chevy and a Blue crew cab Ford.