PDA

View Full Version : serious power from a 400ex...comments

questionable33
07-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey guys its been a while and when i say while....I mean WHILE since ive been on here. I have a 400ex bacic up-grades tc exaust intake u know the stuff everyone has. Well i got borde yesterday and i decided i wanted to make my quad allot faster bacicly i want it faster than every stick quad out there and allot of modified ones aside from extreme banshees and v forces and 450's zills as well. anyway my sponcer will bor my cylinder out mill the head prt and polish and 5 angle valv job for me for a good price. I just dont know what companie to go with when buying the engine kit. As i said i want it to be FAST. I want to represent the 400ex and prove they can hang with the big dogs. I remember a guy on here when i left had a 500 sommin ex built from tc racing. I figure since i have tc exaust and i really like tom i want to go with his stuff when i get my engine kit. Prolly cam, rockers,pistons, valv springs, stroker kit, you know the serious stuff. So please let me know what you think and what companie i should go through, and who is that guy with the 500ex. thanks

Cody_300ex
07-07-2004, 09:12 PM
PM chef He's got probley the fastest 400ex based quad on the site!

TC426EX
07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
You are definitely right about Tom and TC, he will always be building my motors for sure... Tom really knows his stuff, with the 4 strokes, especially on the EX motor, so you would be more than happy with a motor kit from him especially if you want the works with your kit. He offers a ton of stuff for the EX motor and also does alot of custom stuff at the request of customers, so tell him exactly what you want and youll get it and then some...

outofsight
07-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Im gonna say get your motor work done by TC also.

gopeddin400EX
07-07-2004, 09:54 PM
id say... and I dont know a whole lot about this but its just an idea.. id say get a 600R motor and put that in the 400ex frame. that way its alot more CC's. then id get all the engine work done on that (ect. port, polish, cam, high compresion piston). that way when you beat somone extreamly badly they can look at this 400ex lookin thing and be like damn thats fast. lol well its just an idea. hope it helps and if you do it let me know how it goes cause thats an idea im tossing around.
peace,
ANDY

questionable33
07-07-2004, 09:55 PM
wow i am surprised i remember when there were only 4 people on this forrum with tc exaust and everyone didnt like us because the exaust is too loude.... lol wow things change. I wont get my motor built by him because he takes a lifetime to get things back from but i am going to buy a motor kit from him. I dont like the fact that he uses lectron carbs tho... ill get over it. Anyway i need to call tom because his site isnt up yet and he doesnt have a catalog. The local shop is doing all of my milling and polishing i am going to install it becaus that is the fun in doing this stuff I purposly tore my quad all apart because i know if it is all apart and i have to look at it i will have to finish it. anyway... i still want to know who on this site who had a mean motor built by tc, took him like a whole summe to finish it.

jaspurx
07-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Mickey Dunlap , Four Stroke Tech , makes the 500 kits. Hewill also do the work for you if you want.

04'400ex'er
07-07-2004, 10:45 PM
A 500ex would probably do you right. And mickey, chime in on this. Otherwise, I think you can bore to a 426 on the stock sleeve, and put a stroker rod in it and end up around the 440 range. I dont know the exact length of the rod, and I dont know the discplecment you will end up with. I know, though, that it will have more torque than a 426, and will beat most 440's. And most people won't have a stroker 440. Someone can tell you more about this because this is all I know.

Juggalo
07-08-2004, 01:30 AM
you know my friend wanted his EX to be really fast...so you know what he did? he turbo'd it. should be pushing around 70 horse and still reliable and running on pump gas. kits will be availible to the public soon..i think high lifter will be selling them. the company is called all terrain performance. dudes got a turbo sportsman 700 that can be cruisin down the road and lift the front end up like nothin. hes also got a turbo foreman. doubled the horsepower on it and its still got stock intake and exhaust...nothin but the turbo.

bradley300
07-08-2004, 08:38 AM
laz at gthunder builds a 450 stroker that hangs with the 450r and yfz- imagine what he could do if he made that a 500, his web addy is www.gthunder.com

redroost85
07-08-2004, 10:15 AM
One of my sponsors is good buds with Tom at TC. I got to go around the shop one day and was very impressed.

No doubt when motor work comes around for me it's gonna be TC all the way...that guy is a freaking master!:devil:

nakomis0
07-08-2004, 12:00 PM
They guy your talking about with the 500ex built by TC was Chad.

It took him 8 months (maybe longer) to get the bike back from TC when he was told it was only gonna be a month. Then it blew up twice. (head gaskets)

Unless you have alot of money to spend and don't care about your quad being reliable. I would just do a nice 440, or a stroked 465.

Get the porting done by a professional and do the rest of the work yourself, if possible. Keep the compression to 12:1 or less. Do something like that... maybe put it on Meth and your gonna have one of the fastest 400exs in your state.

Syrus
07-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
you know my friend wanted his EX to be really fast...so you know what he did? he turbo'd it. should be pushing around 70 horse and still reliable and running on pump gas. kits will be availible to the public soon..i think high lifter will be selling them. the company is called all terrain performance. dudes got a turbo sportsman 700 that can be cruisin down the road and lift the front end up like nothin. hes also got a turbo foreman. doubled the horsepower on it and its still got stock intake and exhaust...nothin but the turbo.

Running turbo on a stock 400ex ? lol bad idea, ur gonna put a lot of hurtin on the engine with stock piston, turbo is hard on an engine dude, but it might be different for a 400ex, let me know how it works out.

Juggalo
07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Running turbo on a stock 400ex ? lol bad idea, ur gonna put a lot of hurtin on the engine with stock piston, turbo is hard on an engine dude, but it might be different for a 400ex, let me know how it works out.

actually its got a 416 piston, wiseco rod, hotcam stage 2, and FCR41 mm carb and r4 exhaust. the guy who owns the shop has been running the turbo on his foreman and his sportsman for a long time now with no problems. trust me its not putting too much extra strain on the engine. if it was do you think highlifter would be interested in selling the kits? when the EX isall finished up (shes still in testing stages right now) i will def be posting a lot of info up about it. dirtwheels might be doin a story on it when its finished too!

TC426EX
07-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by questionable33
i still want to know who on this site who had a mean motor built by tc, took him like a whole summe to finish it.

I gave Tom my motor in December a couple years ago and got it back right after new years... I love the work he did on my motor, he made that stock EX motor push upper 40's HP!! (I have dyno sheets to prove it)... Thats just my experience... I HAVE heard other people at the track complain about wait time, but just like PEP shocks, once they get the finished product, you never hear another word... Bottom line, when youre the best, everyone wants you to do their stuff. The fact Tom does the work personally means you know you are getting definite quality just like PEP shocks, you know Wayne or Mark Baldwin built them, and that is IT. All the top motor builders arent that great with turnaround time, except for GT Thunder. Hell, Sparks isnt even ACCEPTING any motors right now from what I hear they are so swamped...

Chanman420q
07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
I gave Tom my motor in December a couple years ago and got it back right after new years... I love the work he did on my motor, he made that stock EX motor push upper 40's HP!! (I have dyno sheets to prove it)... Thats just my experience... I HAVE heard other people at the track complain about wait time, but just like PEP shocks, once they get the finished product, you never hear another word... Bottom line, when youre the best, everyone wants you to do their stuff. The fact Tom does the work personally means you know you are getting definite quality just like PEP shocks, you know Wayne or Mark Baldwin built them, and that is IT. All the top motor builders arent that great with turnaround time, except for GT Thunder. Hell, Sparks isnt even ACCEPTING any motors right now from what I hear they are so swamped...

i just wanna say that ur a friggin post whore man. ur averaging 12 posts a day. 85% of the threads i look in, uve posted. jesus christ. how much time do u spend on this site raving about TC

TC426EX
07-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
i just wanna say that ur a friggin post whore man. ur averaging 12 posts a day. 85% of the threads i look in, uve posted. jesus christ. how much time do u spend on this site raving about TC

Whatever man, **** you. I happen to work as a Pharmacy technician right now for the VA while I finish Pharmacy school up, and alot of the time I go out on my break or when Im out in the give out area I take time to post on here, and then I check it once a night. I dont have to justify **** to you man. I have about 700 posts. Pappy and Rico post every day too, and Pappy has over 21,500 posts and I dont see you complaining about him... I rave about TC since I honestly think he does the best work and I love my motor kit he did. SORRY if I offended you by offering my opinion on too many threads, I thought this was an open board. I didnt realize there was a "post limit" and that I violated it you moron. Whatever man, I dont appreciate you calling me names and ****, you could have PMed me or something... screw it, Im done posting for a while, enjoy ****head, you got your wish...

Gordons Well
07-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Keep them coming TC426EX. Always enjoy reading your post's.
:D

ranger400ex1994
07-08-2004, 10:27 PM
TC426ex how did Tom make a stock ex motor push 40hp or did i read that wrong and that was with your 426kit> i'm just woundering becasue i am getting ready to build my ex motor.

400ex2072
07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Gordons Well
Keep them coming TC426EX. Always enjoy reading your post's.
:D

Yeah TC I always like reading your stuff too, dont let some ******* tell you how much you can post. Chanman needs to chill out and stop flaming when youre just helping out.

07-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Just keep in mind that the higher the HP numbers the less reliable it is.

Being at the track with the fastest motor is cool but you'll look like a jackazz being pulled in all the time because of blown head gaskets and what not.;)

UglyMotha™
07-09-2004, 10:54 AM
appears to be alot of whinning goin off in this thread :o

Chanman420q
07-09-2004, 02:26 PM
i dont care if u post, go ahead, its like if ur spending more time on this site then on the track. jesus, dont go having a brat attack on me. and yea, pappys a post whore too, every one knows that, an yea i post here every day too, but i dont post 10 times aday

Cody_300ex
07-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
PM chef He's got probley the fastest 400ex based quad on the site!

I would like to see a 400ex motor beat this quad! Im telling ya put a crf motor in there and mod it out! It will have a hellva lot more HP then a modded 400ex motor!

07-09-2004, 02:35 PM
A persons personallity has a lot to do with how much they post.

I've met members in person that have been on the site for years with only a few posts. Ya know what,, they were silent as a mouse and didn't talk much just as they do on the site.

THen I"ve met other members that have a bazillion post and when I met them in person they don't shut up.

My point is, if you talk a lot in person then you probably post a lot. I myself talk a lot in person therefore i have a lot of posts per day.. :D I also sit infront of a PC for a living..

It's all good guys....:cool:

questionable33
07-09-2004, 09:04 PM
common guys thiis "how to make a 400ex fast" not boo hoo you ACTUALLY LIEK TO HELP PEOPLE BY POSTING fact is tc426ex answered the quesion this thred was baced on.Anyway i am going to do the work myself i still have to call tc becaus i dont know how to get a products list. also what shop manuel should i use the official honda or the clymers?? thanks if anyone else knos where i can get a products list from tc ide be happy

Axis400exRider
07-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Honestly you should have Duncan Racing do you boring, valve job and porting and stuff, they do professional work, and it doesn't take the whole summer either. Its a win win situation.

Axis400exRider
07-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I don't know about you guys, having the fastest quad isn't the greatest, i thought it was about handling, quickness, agility, not just the motor work, but the chassis, suspension, and how you handle it. Unless your talking about drag racing, then top speed doesn't matter on an MX track. I'm not trying to get anyone mad here, but i just wanted to point that out. If you agree with me then i'd like to hear.

user101
07-10-2004, 12:18 AM
i personally set here in front of the computer all the time and dont post to much

questionable33
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
this isnt going to be mx. Obviously in xc and mx racing suspention is just as or even more important than power. Now if anyone could tell mewhich is the best shop manuel i would be very happy. thanks

MK300racer7
07-10-2004, 03:18 PM
the easiest way to get power is get a K&N filter filter cover and jet kit and rip off the stock airbox and stick the filter straight on the carb and rejet it and the filter cover is so it doest get dirty as fast because theres no airbox. Good Luck! tell me how it goes

wvspeedfreak
07-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah,I've been hooked up to the Internet via a special cable Al Gore gave me in 1988 and I don't even have 100 posts yet.;)

questionable33
07-11-2004, 11:27 AM
haha i already have the simple mods dont a/f exaust bars all the simple crap. Im not a newb looking for a few more ponies im looking for real power that can only be achieved by enternal motor work

Cody_300ex
07-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by questionable33
common guys thiis "how to make a 400ex fast" not boo hoo you ACTUALLY LIEK TO HELP PEOPLE BY POSTING fact is tc426ex answered the quesion this thred was baced on.Anyway i am going to do the work myself i still have to call tc becaus i dont know how to get a products list. also what shop manuel should i use the official honda or the clymers?? thanks if anyone else knos where i can get a products list from tc ide be happy

Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I would like to see a 400ex motor beat this quad! Im telling ya put a crf motor in there and mod it out! It will have a hellva lot more HP then a modded 400ex motor!

:cool:

Juggalo
07-11-2004, 04:27 PM
i bet my buddies turbo 416 could beat it :cool:

Chef
07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i bet my buddies turbo 416 could beat it :cool:

Good luck...I was faster than the 1100cc sprints on the same track this morning. :D

jaspurx
07-14-2004, 08:59 PM
I wanna turbo bad! The best I have devised is still $1200 , I still have an alternative though!