PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on shock rezzie mounting

dynofox
07-07-2004, 08:03 PM
I just bought a pair of used works shocks with triple rate springs and remote rezzies for my 400ex. I think I'm going to mount the rezzies to the frame right behind the bumper, this looks like a commom place on the ex. My question is what to use to mount them, hose clamps?

JDiablo
07-07-2004, 08:15 PM
yes my elkas came with mounting stuff,they had a rubber piece to it to,so it wouldnt damage the rezzy or the frame,but idk what you can use in place of the rubber piece:confused:

redroost85
07-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I use 3/4 inch radiator hose and hose clamps, 2 to a rezzy.

Get about a foot hose, that's all you'll need. Cut one side open on each piece of hose and wrap it around the frame and put on your hose clamps and you'll be good to go.:)

dynofox
07-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I have some foam tape that I might use on the frame if I don't use some rubber tubing. I figured you guys used hose clamps but just wanted to make sure. :cool:

Sc0
07-07-2004, 09:42 PM
You can order the rezzie mounting kit from just about all Shock makers, it has hose clamps and rubber blocks which are grooved for the narrow frame rails while the other side is bigger for the Rezzies. I just mounted my Axis Rezzies, pretty simple but to prevent marking the rezzies i'll use some rubber sheets to act as a spacer between the clamp. (Temporarily I have cardboard)

For the front shocks the line coming out is towards the back of the quad while the hose loops around and the rezzies are mounted in front of the frame rails behind the bumper. I am using a PRM Summit front bumper so I am confident in the mounting location because of the extra protection... For the rear shock the rezzie output hose is facing towards the rear of the quad and the rezzie is mounted next to the CDI. I think that I am going to have to relocate the rear rezzie because the hose/connector seems to look like it will be in the way of the carb/airbox intake hose.

quadkrazy400ex
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
thats where i mounted my works triple rates w/rezzies

i used some rubber and 4 clamps that i bought from the local hardware store