PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Honda 350 4x4, brake problem

David
07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
My dad's 2002 Honda 350 4x4 front brakes quit. He went and tightened the drums on both of the drums right before they really rub bad, and that never worked. His brake lever just goes to the bars and its to loose. So we went and got some rebuild kit for pump or whatever its called on brake lever, (I don't remember what's it called). Well it still didn't work. I forgot to say that we also tried bleeding the brakes a few times. I hope I gave enough information.

Rip_Tear
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Try pumping the brake lever a few times and then old it in. My brakes have been like that forever... You can shell out like 350$ US and get a front disc brake conversion for it. Fortrax/Rancher (what ever you want to call them) don't have the best brakes... I had to take my rear brake out, because it is too far gone... now its just filled with grease.

pa_countryboy
07-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Mine did the samething I replaced the master cylinder like you did and that helped a little it took forever to purge it. if you take the cap of the master cylinder off were the fluid is and pull the handle slow and make sure there are no little air bubbles comin up from the bottom then its probablly purged good. What else was givin me problems was the wheel cylnders the part that actually pushs the brake shoes out to the drum were bad and leakin. I ended up gettin the disc brake kit from highlifter though.