PDA

View Full Version : Oops, no shock bearing...what to do?

redroost85
07-07-2004, 01:20 PM
A friend of mine just bought a used set of Works tripple with rezzies. Upon returning home, he realizes there is no bearing in the top of one of the shocks. The rubber bushing is in there, but no bearing. Hence, the top of the shock has some play even when tightened down.

Any suggestions would be great...I would assume a bearing in this area is pretty important....but what can he do?

Thanks in advance.:)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-07-2004, 01:34 PM
if it has a clear rubber type bushing in it, all you need is some steel eyelet bushings. which are $2.00 each from works.

redroost85
07-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks Dusty! I'm not sure that I have used the right terminology though. There is a black rubber piece that goes through the eyelet, there there is a metal piece that goes in that, then the bolt goes through. One top side of the shock has this, the other just has the black rubber part, so that when the bolt goes through, it is not snug.

There are no clear parts that I can remember.:(

I am thinking of taking the bottom bearing/bushing from the bottom of a stock 400 shock and try to fit it in the black rubber piece. :o

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Colby said it sounds like you need the steel bushings or they could be the spherical heim bearings but it doesn't sound like it.
that is just what he told me !!! :D

redroost85
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Welp, thanks for the help, I'm off to see on a couple of things....hopefully that will work!;)

Pappy
07-07-2004, 05:36 PM
i may have a set of bushings. if your in a jam let me know and ill send them out tomarow. no charge, i found them in a box of parts from ebay:p

redroost85
07-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Pappy, just shot you a pm..........with muchas gracias of course!:D Man, is this gonna save my *** for this weekends race....(takes hand across forehead and says 'Whew!')