PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

QUADMASTER
07-07-2004, 12:21 PM
when i bought my dg exhaust system i got it and the head pipe was black. online it showed it being that shiny aluminum color. i just wanted to know does that black coat of paint burn off or is it permenantly on there.

Pappy
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
id say it will stay black:p

quadkrazy400ex
07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
ya if it was on there when you bought it then im sure it will stay black

TC426EX
07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
If its a DG exhaust you will be lucky if it stays together let alone stay one color or the other...

quadkrazy400ex
07-07-2004, 10:15 PM
true

04'400ex'er
07-07-2004, 10:51 PM
If I were you, I'd send it back and tell them it's not what you wanted. if they give you chit, argue false advertisment. Take the money, buy a torch, and gut the stock exhaust. you would be as well off and would still have a cutting torch.:p

quadkrazy400ex
07-07-2004, 10:52 PM
lol

04'400ex'er
07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by *********400ex
lol Thats the truth man!

badass300ex
07-08-2004, 09:57 PM
There aint nothing wrong with DG read this months dirt weels and look at the pipe shoot out who had the 2nd bst HP gains need I say more. One person talks bad about a product and its all down hill from there.:macho

04'400ex'er
07-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by badass300ex
There aint nothing wrong with DG read this months dirt weels and look at the pipe shoot out who had the 2nd bst HP gains need I say more. One person talks bad about a product and its all down hill from there.:macho What is it with people and their Dirtwheels shootouts?:huh DG could slip a little money under the table, and they can print good results. You probably have a DG exhaust, and they ain't worth havin. Timm Farr is the only rider i know of using their exhaust, and he is sponsored by them. Besides, there was probably only 2 pipes in the shootout, huh?:p

badass300ex
07-08-2004, 10:36 PM
there were 12 pipes and yes I own 4 DG pipes .All my bikes have one. Ive been useing them for years never had 1 problem with them like I said one bad apple spoils a bunch:macho

hondarider2006
07-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
Thats the truth man!

And that it is:o Go out and by a real exhaust....:rolleyes:

redroost85
07-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Ahhh, nothing hurts like the truth, eh Nick?!:rolleyes: :D

hondarider2006
07-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Ahhh, nothing hurts like the truth, eh Nick?!:rolleyes: :D

And you know it;)

04'400ex'er
07-09-2004, 02:59 PM
there were 12 pipes and yes I own 4 DG pipes .All my bikes have one. Ive been useing them for years never had 1 problem with them like I said one bad apple spoils a bunch:macho We're not gonna let you spoil us:oAnd I know I speak for myself and alot of others when I say Just because one person says they dont like dg, I just wish i could have been the one to start that trend on this particular topic.:rolleyes:

07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
there were 12 pipes and yes I own 4 DG pipes .All my bikes have one. Ive been useing them for years never had 1 problem with them like I said one bad apple spoils a bunch:macho

actually...there was 2 in the shootout...dg...and cobra LOL :blah: :devil: :macho :rolleyes:

QUADMASTER
07-09-2004, 07:19 PM
thanks for the help, but i like the exhaust that i have and i havn't had a problem out of it. i know that it's alot better than other exhausts. the only reason you guys are saying it sucks is because you know that dg is better than yours and you wish you had one. i know people with fmf's and hmf's and dg is just as good as any other exhaust. as far as the head pipe paint goes, i'll probably get it powdercoated with high heat paint and leave it at that.

07-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by QUADMASTER
thanks for the help, but i like the exhaust that i have and i havn't had a problem out of it. i know that it's alot better than other exhausts. the only reason you guys are saying it sucks is because you know that dg is better than yours and you wish you had one. i know people with fmf's and hmf's and dg is just as good as any other exhaust. as far as the head pipe paint goes, i'll probably get it powdercoated with high heat paint and leave it at that.

dude u could get better power gains out of a coffee can pipe like ricos...rico...u need to break out the pic...and if i wanted a 2 cent pipe i could buy a 2 cent pipe...and u might as well jus buy spray paint and paint it...y spend the money to put perfectly good powdercoating on a piece of $h&%...jus go buy some from walmart...or better yet use the paint can for ur silencer :macho

QUADMASTER
07-09-2004, 07:29 PM
just to let you know i ain't gotta send no money to get it painted because my friend's dad owns a powdercoating business and he'll do it for free. you can say whatever you want about it but i don't give a crap.

04'400ex'er
07-09-2004, 08:25 PM
just to let you know i ain't gotta send no money to get it painted because my friend's dad owns a powdercoating business and he'll do it for free. you can say whatever you want about it but i don't give a crap. Dude, your probably like 13 yrs old. Shut up:o

QUADMASTER
07-10-2004, 05:58 PM
no i'm not 13 i'm 17 and i'll shut up when i get ready, and what does age have to do with anything, your probably trying to cover up yourself because your only 13

04'400ex'er
07-10-2004, 06:02 PM
no i'm not 13 i'm 17 and i'll shut up when i get ready, and what does age have to do with anything, your probably trying to cover up yourself because your only 13 :huh :huh :huh I dunno... you sound like a 13 yr old... and it was the decision of a 13 yr. old to get DG...:p

QUADMASTER
07-10-2004, 06:09 PM
there's only one exhaust i would buy for any of my bikes and it's dg. if i start having problems i'll probably try something else, but until then it's dg all the way.

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 06:17 PM
there's only one exhaust i would buy for any of my bikes and it's dg. if i start having problems i'll probably try something else, but until then it's dg all the way.

What other exhausts have you run? And did you ever rejet the carb when you put those other exhausts on? Or do you just like DG because it makes it louder so you THINK you get a power increase...but when those stock 90's start passing you....maybe you'll start to think about a better exhaust;) .

Oh and when you do come around to realize every other exhaust company is better, get an HMF...seems to be the majority of the people's weapon of choice, not too bad of a price either.

badass300ex
07-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

QUADMASTER
07-11-2004, 01:56 PM
iv'e ran fmf before and dg blows them away, and yes i re-jetted the carb. i didn't like the power gain from the fmf so i sold it and got the dg and like it alot better. it was easier to install to. if i ever got another exhaust it wouldn't be hmf it would be white brothers, but that's only if i have trouble from dg.

Toadz400
07-11-2004, 03:07 PM
iv'e ran fmf before and dg blows them away, and yes i re-jetted the carb. i didn't like the power gain from the fmf so i sold it and got the dg and like it alot better. it was easier to install to. if i ever got another exhaust it wouldn't be hmf it would be white brothers, but that's only if i have trouble from dg.

You're strange:huh

quadrider60
07-11-2004, 03:08 PM
sorry to say but for a 300ex the only pipe worse than a DG is a cobra, and tim farr doesnt use those crapy pipes he has a special pipe that would be worth havin. if i were u i would get an HMF i had one on my old 300 and it was a great pipe