PDA

View Full Version : Want more top end

03-28-2002, 03:20 PM
What can I do to my 250ex to give it a little more top end. My friend has a mojave and beats me all the time and its about time i sisprize him with one fast 250ex. Will a new piston help much on top end, i like my low to mid with my pipe and airfilter and dont really need to change that. Any Ideas would be great!

03-28-2002, 03:28 PM
you can always go with a different size sprocket to. it is the cheapest way to get a little more speed out of your 250ex

Drtridr18
03-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Don't the 250ex's have shaft drive though instead of sprockets? I'm not quite sure if there's any thing much you can do to the motors on those since they're based almost completely on the Recon...nice wheelers but not exactly power deamons ya know!

03-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Yea the 250ex has the shaft drive. i guess ill just be in his dust for a while. I heard someone here bored out there 250ex to like a 290. Would that give me a lot more top end?

03-28-2002, 04:32 PM
pipe, filter, jets, taller rear tires, and a new piston/ cam mabe

03-29-2002, 01:25 PM
I have no idea how to make you 250ex faster, but I would like to know how much of an improvement did you get by putting on a pipe and K&N filter. I've got one I would like to fix up for my wife a bit. Also, the Graydon nerfs would be my first choice, how do they fit on your quad?

VC

Tlongs400
03-30-2002, 06:21 PM
if u put on taller tires and pump them up tight,it will help a little

PDunes300ex
04-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Here's an idea........sell the 250 and get a faster bike. That is the best way to get better top end.:devil

04-03-2002, 04:20 PM
I really liked the improvements my pipe/airfilter made. It is a lot more responsive, and had more low end and a little more top end. The nerfs were a pain to install, once i got them on however i loved them. I like the fact that i can keep the plastic heel protector and have the nerfs, on some of the other brands like Dg you have to take the plastic heel protector off and I did not want to do that. I am just kind of wishing i had a little more top end. I was running 56 yesterday which isnt bad, but my friend had a mojave tht he recently did something to and it now kills mine. he did not put on a new pipe, it is just plain fast now. I am thinking of mamby getting a worrior but i dont know. my 250ex takes me anywhere i wanna go and it gets there a lot faster than before, and how often do you run top end unless ur racing threw a field or down a road.

04-03-2002, 07:27 PM
I put a K&N filter on my daughters Lakota and the air intake system is the same on the mojave. It made the biggest difference i've ever seen on a quad. Probably because the stock setup is so miserable.
The only way to make your 250ex faster is to wind the motor higher or larger diameter rear tires.