PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiter

LazeR
07-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Alright well this might have been answered but i couldn't find anything! I was told today by some kid that i know that 450R's do not have a Rev limiter and that ppl are floating there valves on them! I do not believe this, i don't think honda would do something stupid like that! The kid says thats what the guy at the bike shop said but our bike shop guys are not to intelligent! Thanx ahead of time guys

r450rr
07-07-2004, 01:54 AM
go to that kid... smack him in the face. and then drag him to someone with a 450r or even a dealer. then start it up.. leave it in neutral.. hold the throttle all the way down for about 2 secs. and u will find the trusty rev-limiter. then say i told you so..

yea they do have rev limiters on them, dealers are pretty much always dumb, all they know how to do is deal.. also thats why the make rev-boxes, so you can up your rev limiter to a higher rpm/

LazeR
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
go to that kid... smack him in the face. and then drag him to someone with a 450r or even a dealer. then start it up.. leave it in neutral.. hold the throttle all the way down for about 2 secs. and u will find the trusty rev-limiter. then say i told you so..

yea they do have rev limiters on them, dealers are pretty much always dumb, all they know how to do is deal.. also thats why the make rev-boxes, so you can up your rev limiter to a higher rpm/

Haha! Thanx, i highly doubted honda would do something as stupid as not putting a rev limiter on them but you never know! But then again you should know cause its Honda ;) and you shouldn't expect anything less than the best :)

r450rr
07-07-2004, 11:38 PM
very true:D

trx450Rrider
07-08-2004, 02:21 PM
that kid is a retard